12th October 2022

Edge of Night: Episode 26

Made by Loki in Shows

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
12th October 2022, 12:19 AM

In the South, Dice and Bakeitor have gone to the gathering at thrones. They see the Emperor there, he is making a speech about what happened and telling about who the manhunt has been called for.

Damen: I was in my office, sitting on my throne watching Eiven lick all the envelopes so that I could send out the monthly billing statements. He licked one thousand nine hundred and ninety four before keeling over and dying. He was so brave and yet he was so weak! He wasn't even considerate enough to seal the last six envelopes before he died. I looked around the room and there in the corner I saw Ayancito! He had poisoned Eiven. Either the envelops were poisoned or the water he was drinking was. Ayancito escaped and now we must hunt him down. After all, it could have been ME who died rather than my helper. And that would be a true crime.
Imperial Knight: Do you want him dead or alive?
Damen: Preferably.
Imperial Knight: I mean must we bring him back alive or can we kill him on sight?
Damen: It doesn't matter. Bring his head back on a pike and feed his body to the goblins for all I care! Any other questions?
Dice: Shouldn't he get a trial before he dies?
Damen: He doesn't need one. He could have killed me rather than my helper. He does not deserve a trial. Now GO! HUNT HIM!

The crowd disperses.
Bakeitor (to Dice): This crowd is so stirred up, they will surely bring him back dead.
Dice: Then we need to find him first. I have to know who hired him to kill me.
Bakeitor: We will try, but I can't guarantee anything. Stick with me so you don't get yourself killed though. Perhaps he is still hunting you and will show up again before going into hiding.

On AchTo, Glarthir, Little, and Nook are sitting in the Nova Cave around the fire. Glarthir has consoled Little and reassured her that what happened to Eonwe was not in any way her fault. She is still upset and feels guilty about it.

Nook (to Glarthir): Make her stop sniffling. I don't like seeing women cry. It reminds me of all the times mom cried after having an argument with dad.
Glarthir: I don't know what to do...
Glarthir thinks for a moment.
Glarthir: Little, maybe you would like to ask my brother to give you a prophecy about your future?
Nook glares at Glarthir.
Little (sad): I wouldn't want to be a bother.
Glarthir: Trust me, it wouldn't be a bother for him. He loves to read the future.
Nook continues glaring at Glarthir.
Little (hesitantly): Okay... if you're sure it's alright. Nook, what do you see in my future?
Nook (annoyed): You have to be more specific.
Little: Will I get married and have children?
Nook: No. Not for a long time.
Little: How long?
Nook: At least ten years.
Little: Can I know who I marry?
Nook: I'm not a gypsy fortune teller!
Little: Whatever, at least I know it happens.
Nook (quietly): Maybe...
Little: Are you lying to me?
Nook: I don't give prophecy on demand!
Little: Glarthir said it was okay!
Nook: Ugh you people are so annoying!
Nook leaves the cave
Little (shouting): Nook, I'm sorry!
Glarthir: He'll be fine. Don't worry about him. He's just sensitive lately because he tried to build a snowman and it collapsed on him. Aule even laughed at him over it. Nook wants to be a builder and train under Aule but he doesn't think Aule will accept him now.
Little: Maybe I could ask my father to talk to Aule for him...
Glarthir: Maybe. But I think Nook is overreacting again. Aule isn't a cruel man. He will accept him and teach him to build eventually. He is too young now.

In Baraddur, Pythas and seven of his nazgul have brought Amir, Loki, Pic, and Tasha up to the top of the highest tower.

Pythas: Here we are. Nice view, huh? If you're afraid of heights or can't fly, I suggest that you don't look down. Now, does anyone care to reveal who the real Tasha is?
No one answers.
Pythas: Very well. That's not really an issue for me. But it is an issue for one of the two Tashas.
Pythas looks into the eyes of both fake. They both look equally nervous.
Pythas: Cyrus, do the honors, throw them both out the window.
Cyrus steps forward and grabs the fake Tasha first. He is about to throw her out the window when a loud commotion is heard coming from the stairwell. Suddenly Eonwe enters, followed by Zes.
Eonwe (out of breath): Pythas! You're more handsome that I remembered you to be!
Pythas (shocked): Eonwe? Since when did Manwe ever let you off his leash?
Eonwe: Please, oh mighty tall, dark, and handsome one, accept me into your service!
Pythas: I accept. Sell your soul to me and we will be like brothers once again.
Eonwe: I, Eonwe, hereby sell my soul to Py-
Voice in the stairwell: NO!
Pythas (annoyed): I should have known your master wouldn't be far behind.
Manwe enters with Varda and Khamul.
Manwe: Eonwe, don't do this!
Eonwe: It's alright Manwe, I love him. He is my brother but hotter.
Pythas: You heard the man, Manwe. Your servant is a grown man, he is capable of making his own decisions. We have a special bond, like siblings.
Eonwe: I love you, Pythas. Can we date?
Pythas: What the-?
Eonwe: Oh great and mighty handsome one. Please, take my hand in marriage!
Pythas: I'm already married.
Eonwe: You can leave her!
Pythas: Cyrus, change of plans. Throw Eonwe out of the window first. We'll deal with the two Tashas afterwards.

+1 by Varai, SecurityGuy, Dice and Pic

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
12th October 2022, 07:52 AM

I just want to have my own little family :(
Loki is pregnant 24/7, not fair :(

+1 by Loki

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
12th October 2022, 10:52 AM

After reading this one, some thing have come to my attention.
Excuse me, I do not like the fact you turned Eonwe, a character who is a heroic figure in the history of this game's lore, and turned him into a submissive, weak, and pitiful homosexual. It completely ruins the character in all aspects. J. R. R. Tolkien, by which your work is based on, is rolling in his grave currently. Many of his works were based on Anglo-Saxon myths, such as Beowulf. However, Tolkien was not a misogynist, many characters he made were of heroine nature. Such examples were, Éowyn of Rohan, Melian the Maia, Luthien, and Lady Galadriel. Since his introduction in Episode 9 of your series, his sole purpose was to be a suitor for Varai. It would be foolish of Manwe to set Eonwe up with his daughter, as their age gap is too far. The comparison would be a teenager falling in love with a thousand year old. In his true introduction in Episode 11, Eonwe claims that he cannot marry Illmare, since she is too tied to her work. I don't see how she could have no time to marry Eonwe if they are practicing combat and sparring. Then, Manwe orders Eonwe to wear emo clothing. I do not know why Manwe, someone who is the definition of purity and good, would order someone to wear dark clothing and look evil. It does not fit his character whatsoever. I do think for Episode 12, he is well written. Eonwe is a strong, content, and reasonable man. The next episode, he somehow brought pizza. I don't know why Eonwe is eating pizza, but writer liberty I suppose. You also have Eonwe deliver pineapple pizzas, which is a creation of Melkor's design. His makeup makes him cry. Now I am not sure why a spirit would wear makeup since they can change forms at will. Regardless, Eonwe would not cry in this circumstance. After seeing a picture of Mairon Annatar, Eonwe becomes infatuated and lovestruck towards him. Firstly, Eonwe and Pythas can both change forms at will, there is no reason for him to be lovestruck at a form that Eonwe should know is evil and will corrupt him. You also make Eonwe say, "Women are bad! Down with women!" This would have him sent out of Manwe's courts with no power. He was loyal to Manwe and Varda for very long. Before, Eonwe was a polite gentlemen, but now you have turned him into a misogynistic radical. It does not matter if the makeup is cursed, would Manwe not know the makeup he gave Eonwe was cursed? Are you aware of the true powers of the Valar? Also, you are claiming that being attracted to men is a curse, that is quite politically incorrect! They also have a cure for Eonwe's curse, are you claiming the attraction to men has to be cured? This is bigoted, it makes me quite mad I say! So after reading all of your Edge of Night Episodes, I firmly say that this is a misogynistic, homophobic work.
That is all.

+1 by SecurityGuy and Mirrikh

Fable

Valiant

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
12th October 2022, 11:12 AM

fable wrote on 12th October 2022, 10:52 AM:
Excuse me, I do not like the fact you turned Eonwe, a character who is a heroic figure in the history of this game's lore, and turned him into a submissive, weak, and pitiful homosexual. It completely ruins the character in all aspects. J. R. R. Tolkien, by which your work is based on, is rolling in his grave currently. Many of his works were based on Anglo-Saxon myths, such as Beowulf. However, Tolkien was not a misogynist, many characters he made were of heroine nature. Such examples were, Éowyn of Rohan, Melian the Maia, Luthien, and Lady Galadriel. Since his introduction in Episode 9 of your series, his sole purpose was to be a suitor for Varai. It would be foolish of Manwe to set Eonwe up with his daughter, as their age gap is too far. The comparison would be a teenager falling in love with a thousand year old. In his true introduction in Episode 11, Eonwe claims that he cannot marry Illmare, since she is too tied to her work. I don't see how she could have no time to marry Eonwe if they are practicing combat and sparring. Then, Manwe orders Eonwe to wear emo clothing. I do not know why Manwe, someone who is the definition of purity and good, would order someone to wear dark clothing and look evil. It does not fit his character whatsoever. I do think for Episode 12, he is well written. Eonwe is a strong, content, and reasonable man. The next episode, he somehow brought pizza. I don't know why Eonwe is eating pizza, but writer liberty I suppose. You also have Eonwe deliver pineapple pizzas, which is a creation of Melkor's design. His makeup makes him cry. Now I am not sure why a spirit would wear makeup since they can change forms at will. Regardless, Eonwe would not cry in this circumstance. After seeing a picture of Mairon Annatar, Eonwe becomes infatuated and lovestruck towards him. Firstly, Eonwe and Pythas can both change forms at will, there is no reason for him to be lovestruck at a form that Eonwe should know is evil and will corrupt him. You also make Eonwe say, "Women are bad! Down with women!" This would have him sent out of Manwe's courts with no power. He was loyal to Manwe and Varda for very long. Before, Eonwe was a polite gentlemen, but now you have turned him into a misogynistic radical. It does not matter if the makeup is cursed, would Manwe not know the makeup he gave Eonwe was cursed? Are you aware of the true powers of the Valar? Also, you are claiming that being attracted to men is a curse, that is quite politically incorrect! They also have a cure for Eonwe's curse, are you claiming the attraction to men has to be cured? This is bigoted, it makes me quite mad I say! So after reading all of your Edge of Night Episodes, I firmly say that this is a misogynistic, homophobic work.
That is all.
Lol? The makeup was cursed and supposed to be used by Little to make her fall in love with Pythas again. Manwe had Eonwe dress emo because he thinks his daughter is attracted to emos. Also it’s a soap opera, it doesn’t gotta make sense! Still probably follows the lore better than Ring of Power tho.

+1 by Varai

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
12th October 2022, 11:14 AM

Loki wrote on 12th October 2022, 11:12 AM:
Quote:
fable wrote on 12th October 2022, 10:52 AM:
That is all.
Lol? The makeup was cursed and supposed to be used by Little to make her fall in love with Pythas again. Manwe had Eonwe dress emo because he thinks his daughter is attracted to emos. Also it’s a soap opera, it doesn’t gotta make sense! Still probably follows the lore better than Ring of Power tho.
Your last point is a fair statement.

+1 by SecurityGuy and Mirrikh

Fable

Valiant

livin life
Master
237 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
12th October 2022, 11:47 PM

no pic lines so how do i rate this a -5

+1 by Loki

Login or join the forums to reply.