24th May 2023

DSGHQ Shutting Down

Made by Damen in Announcements

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st August 2023, 03:23 AM

Never took the memories I made here for granted, but seeing an official post by you stating that all of this is shutting down makes me appreciate this community even more. Thank you for your contributions throughout the years. It's been a blessing to have been a member of this community since 2013. Although I haven't been active within the past year or two, that doesn't mean this place doesn't come to my mind at times. You've made an impact on my life without realizing it, Damen. Maybe that's something that hasn't processed you, yet. We may think that we're reminiscing over a "stupid" Club Penguin ripoff, but this was way more than that. This was a small community, and the fact it was a small community made this place even more special. I know and remember everyone here, and that's pretty crazy to me. Thank you for allowing me to be a Head Moderator on your game, thank you for making me spiderman sabers and amulets lol, thank you for the Lil Uzi /head... thank you for it all. Thank you for the memories and the great times. Not sure if this is the last time we speak, but if it is, have a hell of a life, Damen.

+1 by Damen

269 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st August 2023, 11:22 AM

There is many things I wanted to say, but did not really know how to word it properly, or someone had already posted here to describe my thoughts; I will just let my mind spit out what it wants to say right now, as my final post.

To Damen:
We more or less grew up together. We were similar in age, shared the same interests, we loved programming cool stuff (you were much better than I!).
I write this post in the final 6 or so hours of the communities existence. On this day, we are essentially closing the last remaining door to where it all began for us. We are old!

Club Penguin gave the both of us our interest in programming and creating things, but you personally, starting in 2013, were the one who solidified my interest. You inspired me when I was only 13 that, one day, I could maybe have enough knowledge and creativity to make something as cool as sauron (sorry, had to use the name one more time šŸ˜‚).
Over the years, you consistently impressed me with what you came up with - every single time you came out with something new, you raised the stakes, and outdid yourself.
Your trust you put in me over the years, even in the many times where I didnā€™t deserve that trust, and the opportunities you gave to me from that trust, is something that I will always be grateful for. I learned so much from you.
Without you, Jack, I simply would not be where I am today. Thank you so much for everything youā€™ve done for me.

To everyone who has blessed me with their friendship over the years:
I wish I could name all the names in good conscience, but I just know Iā€™d end up thinking Iā€™ve listed a name when I havenā€™t.
Ultimately, if you fall into this group, you know exactly who you are. A lot of you arenā€™t even here anymore, and will unfortunately never read this, but on the off chance you do see this someday, just know that I was thinking of you on this final day.
I grew up with some of you. I learned from all of you. I even met ONE of you (Hi @rouge !).
To my valued friends that I am still lucky enough to be able to talk to on a regular basis, I am so happy I can do that, and I hope it never changes, even after today.

I must express a special gratitude to those old timers who helped me settle into this community back in 2013: @chelsey , @concord , @SecretResearcher , @gamer (even tho you was noob bruvva!), @ratchel , @gibran , @tess , @kara , @salsa
I wasnā€™t always the nicest person to a few of you (putting it mildly), but I still remember how kind you all were to me back then. Thank you!

To everyone who helped me create and/or played my OldCP clones like RetroPenguin, OldCP.pw (or whatever I named that crap) - thank you! You helped me more than you know.
Special gratitude to @Zes for being an awesome designer and helping me make my games stand out in Summer 2016 - Early 2017!

Special thanks to @molly for going above and beyond in helping me with really niche issues. From the day we met, all the way up until even super recently, youā€™ve gone out of your way to help me for no other reason than just the fact that youā€™re really awesome. I love you!

@cryo - A decade in this community, and also a decade of knowing you. Iā€™m very lucky I had you all these years. You are *the* OG, *the* day 1.
I am really proud of the man you became, even after all our worrying of becoming adults back in those multi hour long late night Skype chats back in the day. We did good lad. I love you.

@Malorie - I will always have love for you, and I hope we talk again some day.

Shoutout @teig for pretending Wales actually exists for all this time. You the goated gaslighter fr.
jk donā€™t block

@sydney - I miss you so much and the marriage agreement is still a thing! Love you.

ā€”ā€”ā€”

To anyone Iā€™ve hurt over the years, either by just saying the wrong things, or by being malicious, Iā€™d like to say that I am sorry. Even if the argument was mutual, even if it was recently - Iā€™d like to use these final hours of the communityā€™s existence to officially put any ā€œbeefā€ away forever, and end without any negative feelings towards anyone else in this community. I wish all of you the best.

Iā€™ve spent far too long on this post, but I am glad that I did it. If you actually read it all, you a nerd šŸ¤“ (joking, thank you for giving me the respect).

To anyone who is reading this in the future in its archived state, and wants to talk to me with no other method of doing so, please e-mail me at: [email protected]

Signing off for the final time,

Wheeler ā¤ļø

+1 by Bailey and Zes
Adam

Administrator
144 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st August 2023, 12:50 PM

First of all, Iā€™m amazed I survived being here while keeping this a secret from my Mum all these years.

This place holds so many memories for me and the time Iā€™ve spent here with my friends. Damen, thank you for building this community. Itā€™s helped so many people including myself, especially during covid when things werenā€™t so great.

I wanna thank all my friends. You guys know who you are and where to find me. Maybe in Ireland, or in the pub lol. Itā€™s been a beautiful and challenging 7 years. I even met a few of you irl! Hello @fizza8 @lolycookies @valentina @wheeler.

I will really miss this community and be grateful for all the memories I have. Damen, I wish you all the best. Cheers :D

sof#0717
Master
703 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st August 2023, 05:24 PM

I do not even know where to begin...

I first joined OldCP.biz (back then it was clubpenguin.pro) to get a free version of club penguin and to reminisce the old memories back in March 2013...10 years ago! I fell in love with this community and got so invested with making an impact in this community. Serving as a moderator and administrator was a ton of fun and actually has given me skills that I am using in my career now! How crazy! I was 13 and I am turning 22 tomorrow!! I graduated with my Bachelors degree and am currently going for my Masters!

One of the most memorable memories I have was being in the royal family..how I was included is still a mystery 10 years later. However, it was so much fun as it immersed me into my passion for studying medieval times. Serving as the Princess and Queen of OldCP is definitely something I will never forget.

To everyone I have met on the way...thank you for absolutely everything. Time does not go by without getting subtle reminders of my love for Club Penguin and my love for this amazing community.

Wishing you the best, always. Please keep in touch!

+1 by Bobot and Damen
When you need me I will be there, count on it.

Rookie
24 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st August 2023, 05:46 PM

Wow, it's been YEARS since I've logged in here. Lets give this place the goodbye it deserves.

I remember playing Old Club Penguin all the way back when I was 9, spending time talking to people, pretending to be ninjas or special agents. I skimmed through my posts on here from 2015 and I am questioning what was going on in my head back then, but regardless what a journey. The biggest memory I have of here is when Damen added me as a friend in game, and I was losing my MIND; then later on I became a wise by saying something corny about knowledge and emperors. I remember when this mysterious ghost guy joined in with an army of ghosts and began killing penguins, what a brutal experience to witness as a kid in elementary. I've come back a few times, back when flash was still up, but it simply wasn't the same. So many years have passed, many moments that I have missed out on, it was too difficult for me to return, but the 2 years I was on, in a sense, shaped me into who I am today, since it was one of the very first games I played online. I am 19 now, currently in college, still the weird kid I was back then but I can actually make cohesive posts this time.

Thank you DamenSpike, for giving a bullied kid like me all those years ago something to look forward to after school, thank you for making me believe you were a mysterious emperor, and thank you for the memories in general.

+1 by Damen

G
Master
940 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st August 2023, 05:54 PM

This community played such a big role in my life some time ago, it's pretty hard to believe it'll be gone soon. However, all good things come to an end eventually. I'm grateful for the time I spent here- I definitely don't regret looking for Club Penguin item adders one day 9 years ago and finding this community.

A lot has happened on here that I have been apart of, and I couldn't be more grateful. I owe it all to everyone I've met, and more importantly, Damen.
Looking back at the friendships I have made here is astounding. It's really crazy to think about. I hope to keep in touch with the people I've met!

My final words: Don't go vegan

Thank you for everything. It's been great!
Wishing you all success in life <3

+1 by Damen

Alatar
1,164 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st August 2023, 06:09 PM

I've been here for several years, joined when I was 9. I have fascinated over every facet of this game since it's creation, this is where I got my start on the internet
I'm sorry for the damage I have done
Also I love the games very much they were my childhood but the mystery and intrigue of what I never knew as a child made it ever more magical. I loved working on the P3D movies, and it was awesome. OldCP, P3D, none of them were ever as good as Falling Toblerone and Oldcp Firearm Training. I would do a lot for a copy of the .swf file for that game, OR FALLING TOBLERONE, thatd be awesome
Crimezone, iOldCP, the loads of different "evil" facets, I loved it all, and I still do, laced in nostalgia as it is.
DSGHQ is really what inspired me or at least helped inspire more interests not only in Tolkien literature but a large array of media that has come to define my interests among other things I just love it Hail Pythas I am a Draconian forever and I still recite Black Speech and fully reenact the same rituals and dusting off my Dark Forest Antlers IRL since 2017, and I will never stop. The Legion lives on, even if in spirit

+1 by Damen

veteran
Master
3,733 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st August 2023, 06:13 PM

I've noticed I've yet to create a post here. It's hard to put into words the impact this community has had on me. It goes beyond interactions with virtual penguins. I like to believe that it genuinely transformed a young, impressionable soul like mine into something greater and, well, happier. As I look back on my time in this community, I can't deny that I never achieved as much as most others did throughout their time here. So my own contribution may not have been as significant, but I was still blessed with the chance to experience this community from many different sides. From being the first back-to-back WCI, winning an Oldcp GOM through forums, to challenging Pythas myself with my wooden sword and being brutally put down. This place has created the most beautiful and memorable moments of my life, regardless of it being online.

I never got the chance to get to know more people here and may have only been around in the old times, but I am still proud to call this my community. We are now shutting down, I am in my third year of University, training to be in federal law enforcement one day. Can't believe how fast the times change, and how my entire childhood that led me to this point was connections and relationships I've had over Club Penguin. Our futures are all bright I'm sure.

Damen, your contributions laid the foundation for the memories we hold dear, all of us. I hope in your future projects and ambitions, you are able to find a good audience, and be able to replicate, and exceed the success you had in the DSGHQ. I wish you well, friend.

+1 by ShadowChan, Damen and Pablo

Veteran
Master
3,713 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st August 2023, 06:43 PM

I'm not sure how to say this. Iā€™ve been part of this community for long time, and I truly enjoyed it from socializing to moderating and more. I donā€™t think my English would be same if it werenā€™t for this. Besides that, there were a lot of moments that Iā€™ll never forget. Iā€™ll still be in touch. Thank you for this

+1 by Pablo and Swirlie

Rookie
1 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st August 2023, 08:03 PM

Iā€™ve forgotten the details to my OG forums account but I am quite fortunate to of come across the livestream, otherwise I wouldnā€™t of known DSGHQ was shutting down. These forums were a part of my childhood alongside Oldcp in 2013 when I was a moderator. Crazy to think my forums account would be 10 years old in a month time!

I fondly remember hanging around with my mod mates all those years ago. We definitely had a Star Wars theme going on with Chewbacca and R2D2 (who I believe is also known as Sting) and then me being of course, Lukesky. I also remember Fizz and that they would do interviews with moderators such as myself which I believe are still discoverable on YouTube to this day. One more memory I have is Damen giving me a stronger password for my Oldcp account, as my security sense was nonexistent as a child haha!

I just wanted to stop by and give my best wishes to you all, as well as Damen who has stuck by his projects for all these years through thick and thin. Thank you all for the memories and being a part of my childhood when I was around 9/10 years old. It is crazy to see some of us still lurking around after all these years because at the end of the day, we remember this place and we care about it as it cared about us all those years ago.

So, for one last time.

Thank you for everything DSGHQ and goodnight!

~Lukesky
Jedi Mod

+1 by Wheeler

Login or join the forums to reply.