25th May 2023

Epilogue - Lylance

Made by lylance in The Lounge

veteran
Master
3,733 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th May 2023, 02:17 PM

Hey, Pookies! I haven't thought much about this community and the activity levels that were at ground zero for the past 5 years, even though it played such an essential role in shaping who I am and who I was. But today, for some reason, I woke up with the idea of returning to this community to reconnect with those from my past. And to my surprise, I stumbled upon a heart-wrenching announcement proclaiming the imminent closure of the community. It's hard to put into words the impact this community has had on me. It goes beyond pixels and interactions with virtual penguins. I like to believe that it genuinely transformed a young, impressionable soul like mine into something greater and, well, happier. For my own fun, and for any of those interested in my own little history, here ya go:

One particular highlight was winning the Game of Mods, then becoming the first ever back-to-back World Champion the very next season, this through OldCP. I still don't know why it happened, but it gave me the opportunity to show off my ability as a child to never leave my couch and make 3000 posts. Winning that game was definitely an exciting experience. I even have a video on my old ASUS tablet of me talking to my future self, wishing myself luck in the event, and being a bit angry at Bailey and Sadie for almost passing me ( get beat by a 12-year-old). I'll always remember the thrill of becoming a two-time world champion/Moderator. It was the moment when I finally felt like a part of the community, and of course, being able to walk on walls! However, as a young attention seeker seeking my canon event, I decided to have Cyber demote me, claiming I needed a break (even though I was probably gone for only 3 days). I was also a Moderator on the Discord and Xat chat we used to have back in the day when they were active. Though the only memory I have between the two is joining the Discord server, and Damen immediately gave me moderator thinking I was still an OldCP mod, only to demote me shortly after when he realized his mistake. I joined this forum in 2014, and despite my years of being here, I've yet to hold any staff roles. People must have been conspiring against me all these years... But seriously, I'm sure like me, most of us never needed these roles, we were lucky enough already. I'm just grateful to have been part of such an incredible community and to have enjoyed these luxuries that made the experience all the more special.

I've been taking a full dive into my past here and it's insane just how much of my childhood was spent and built here. It's always a weird feeling remembering the past. I remember my own little group called DaCrew with Jesse, Coca, Crow, Chopper, which was a fun little roleplay group that we were dedicated to. I remember the many trials I've had in OldCP for my crimes, including hacking SirEuan. I had been on trial for brutally murdering people on his account outside the Pet Shop, then blaming it on my brother using my computer to hack. This cover was initially accepted, but I was executed and had my name changed. Damen got outplayed by a baby oh yeah. (I was definitely guilty and I'm sorry Euan but your username and password were the exact same...) I'm pretty sure Fable has also been a huge part of the lore for the past 5 years so I'll mention for you old lore lovers that I'm pretty sure that was the first time Fable got a role to play in the game. Fun times!

I could never forget my two weddings with Heygirl and Katrules. Both are incredible people, but my time with Kat was much more memorable. We talked for a good year through Discord and were great friends for a time. It was essentially what an "e-couple" is nowadays, but rather we were penguins and very young. It's thinking about times like this when I'd go back in an instant. The Wedding was great, I'm sure it was even better than what my real one would be like. If you haven't had a Club Penguin relationship, you played wrong I'll say it. Like most of my stories here, I decided I wanted to "take a break", and so I stopped communicating with her and she was not very pleased! Found this one in the archives and got a laugh. Wow!

Got that quitting rizz...

We are in the future now.

I think I've got out what I wanted to leave here. I want to express my gratitude to Damen, the visionary behind this place. He created a space where dreams came true, stories unfolded, and friendships flourished. I also want to extend my thanks to everyone who played a part, no matter how small, in shaping my childhood. The staff who guided us, those who made memories by my side, and all the creative minds that made every experience a joy. Each one of you made a difference in my life.

Special thanks to names I've come across in my memory search: Jesse, Cocacola10, Crowflying, Chopper, Lita, Katrules, Fable, Sriram/Sherlock/Romeo/every other alias, Heygirl, Zen, Mal31 (ML), Rey Ren (ML), Terry91, Mikomi, Ash1415, CoffeeCake, Choco, Lex, Sam, Mistywolf, ollo, Gamer, Major, Pablo, Chelsey, Courtney, Abushekaus, Cristal, Sugar, Dance, Trashy, Luke, Lush, Suzeh, Sheep, Lemonade, Bailey, Bashy, Kara, Alice (ML), Melanie (ML) Loki, Orbay, the old topaz group, Hashir for killing me 5+ times, and Sled for having a profile that would have blown away 10 year old me. (I've been made aware some mentioned here are no longer accepted within the community)

https://forums.damenspike.com/discussion/38833

Jesse clearly felt like less of a man when I had the highest xp on the forums so he sold his soul to pass me. I was robbed so have Lord Fraudquad and his xp. (I love you king)

Now you can have my most glorious battle moment of all time with art from the great Pablo. (Very epic 20 killstreak combo get rekt)

(repeated credit to Pablo)
rylan#8196

+1 by Bailey, Loki, sans, Kara and 4 others

Former Moderator
Master
433 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
25th May 2023, 04:21 PM

imdaboss wrote on 25th May 2023, 02:17 PM:
Like most of my stories here, I decided I wanted to "take a break", and so I stopped communicating with her and she was not very pleased! Found this one in the archives and got a laugh. Wow!
Irresistible...
unlocked a memory i literally forgot because i was one of ur "kids" omg. so glad we were friends :)

+1 by Bailey and lylance
4207bPerlaZenTomEbonLyssAbuNateIanCateJosephPablo

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th May 2023, 04:32 PM

NOT POOKIES- 💀 “SEE IF UR SWORD DOES ANYTHING” I still don’t regret saying that cause it resulted in that iconic video by the one and only Pablo 🤩 Wasn’t expecting to see my name in here but I hope you’re well and I wish you luck once this place is gone ❤️

+1 by lylance

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th May 2023, 05:38 PM

aww hey icon. it’s been such a long time since I’ve talked to you I hope you’ve been doing well.

thank you for putting up with my nonsense when I was younger and not being scared of how odd I was. you’re such a kind person and I have no doubt you’ll do amazing things in the future.

I’ll love u forever.

+1 by lylance and Bailey
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

veteran
Master
3,733 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th May 2023, 05:40 PM

HipHop wrote on 25th May 2023, 04:32 PM:
NOT POOKIES- 💀 “SEE IF UR SWORD DOES ANYTHING” I still don’t regret saying that cause it resulted in that iconic video by the one and only Pablo 🤩 Wasn’t expecting to see my name in here but I hope you’re well and I wish you luck once this place is gone ❤️
sword skills weren't up to par. gamer could even block the slash with his mind... good luck bailey!
jemi1234 wrote on 25th May 2023, 04:21 PM:
Quote:
imdaboss wrote on 25th May 2023, 02:17 PM:
Like most of my stories here, I decided I wanted to "take a break", and so I stopped communicating with her and she was not very pleased! Found this one in the archives and got a laugh. Wow!
Irresistible...
unlocked a memory i literally forgot because i was one of ur "kids" omg. so glad we were friends
I can't imagine the trauma you carry for having to do this

+1 by Bailey

veteran
Master
3,733 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th May 2023, 05:44 PM

Zendaya2408 wrote on 25th May 2023, 05:38 PM:
aww hey icon. it’s been such a long time since I’ve talked to you I hope you’ve been doing well.
thank you for putting up with my nonsense when I was younger and not being scared of how odd I was. you’re such a kind person and I have no doubt you’ll do amazing things in the future.
I’ll love u forever.
thanks for being a big part of my journey zen, we'll talk soon, much love!

+1 by zenny and Bailey

Login or join the forums to reply.