P3 || The Reflection

Made by Scott in The Lounge

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
30th May 2023, 06:36 AM

G'morning DSGHQ,

This discussion will be Part [3] of my original discussion, "Always and Forever", the final discussion to this [3] part series. My [2] previous discussions can be found down below, for anyone interested in reading through them for their entirety & to get to this final point in the series, The Reflection. When pondering ideas on how I wanted to write this discussion, I couldn't come up with any out-of-this-world ideas. However, I always knew that in some form I wanted this discussion to reflect my time here as an active member of the DSGHQ. Well, with that all in mind the title practically wrote itself as it was already there, and I sincerely blame COVID for frying some of my brain cells, anyways... let us begin!

2013, was the year I came upon the OldCP community & the community in which we now call, DSGHQ. I was a young, energetic, and hopeful 12-year-old upon deciding to create an account on the DSGHQ. Having no genuine idea as to how much of an impact clicking that "Create Account" button would have on me, and how much of an impact it would play in constructing me into the person I am today. As many of you know, I have gone through quite a few username changes through the years starting off as "sarabareille", later on transitioning to "Sadie", and finally communicating on here as my fully authentic self, Scott. Regardless of what username you 1st encountered, I would like to take the time to sincerely thank you (all) for also playing such a vital component in my life... Joining this community back in 2013 was honestly one of the best decisions of my life. I have been lucky enough to play vital roles within this community. As someone who was developing their skills, I can confidently say that being within this community assisted me in harboring/discovering new skills and attributes about myself that I hadn't known before. This community allowed me to create an image I am proud to reflect upon.

Although this community has been around for a truly impressive 10 YEARS, it is quite crazy to say I have been within this community for just a little over 9 YEARS! I have been lucky enough to meet so many truly outstanding individuals, have lifetime relationships get constructed from this community, experience some awesome events on OldCP (and within other parts of the community), and most importantly create unforgettable memories, memories I will likely not forget in my lifetime. In this discussion, I would like to take the time to reflect upon my time here, an impressive amount of time to say the least.

RANKS: Through the year(s) I have obtained a variety of different ranks & achievments. I'd like to take the time to create a list of all the ranks/titles I have obtained here since joining in 2013. Although some of you have a more impressive list than mine, I couldn't be happier of all that I have obtained through the many, many, many years.
  • DSGHQ Forum Member, Master, and Moderator.
  • OldCP Moderator
  • OldCP Detective
  • OldCP Penguin Watch Captain
  • OldCP Senior Penguin Watch Captain
  • OldCP President
  • OldCP Administrator
  • OldCP War & Imperial Knight

This list doesn't account for ranks I achieved on games such as Snailschat, Snaildom, and Penguin Isles, among others... but it is a list I am proud to reflect upon. Each rank truly defines a different chapter. The rank I, however, was always most proud of, was Senior Penguin Watch Captain! This was a rank I was truly able to make my own, as I was the 1st ever "Senior Captain" in all of OldCP/DSGHQ history! Let us dabble in this for a bit...

The Penguin Watch: This discussion wouldn't be made complete without a proper summary of my time participating in the Penguin Watch. What can I say, the Penguin Watch truly was my "baby". During my prime activity, I truly took the time to make the Penguin Watch something larger than itself. The Penguin Watch was always an impressive group. Throughout the years I really was able to invite some truly outstanding individuals within the "sacrad" community. I am so honored to have been able to be the face essentially of most user(s) 1st rank within OldCP! Whether you truly loved helping people, keeping the community safe, or dabbling through ranks to reach an ultimate goal, for all of those who were lucky enough to be a Penguin Watch, I hope as this community comes to a close, your time within the Penguin Watch (whether it was short or long), was nothing far from positive.

RECOGNITION: Before this discussion comes to a close, I would like to take the time to reflect upon some individuals that truly had a larger-than-life impact on me! These are some of the individuals I will never forget, and I couldn't be more appreciative of all the things these REMARKABLE people have done for me...
  • Amanda (Nepeta): A special message will be written down below, specifically for Amanda.
  • Ella (TeamMaybe): Ella, I honestly don't know where to begin. Whether you see this discussion or not, I want it put out in the universe as to how amazing you truly are! We don't talk as much as we used to, but whenever I was truly feeling down, our long calls would always bring a smile to my face. I sincerely love & appreciate you more than you'll ever know, we need to reconnect!
  • Macy: Macy, I have no idea where to even begin with this one. I actively talk to you, and whenever I hear from you I truly do smile inside! You're such a caring person and someone I truly believe will make a massive impact on the world around them, and create such a legacy in whatever community you dive into! I love you so much.
  • Malorie: One of my 1st friends made on OldCP. Malorie, although you're no longer active within this community, and we don't speak much anymore, your place on here is well deserved. Everything you have done for me, I won't forget. I will never forget our calls while I was in the KFC parking lot, having just left my college for the day... the laughs you have brought me through the years, are unforgettable!
  • Kara: You're such a remarkably talented and creative person! Although we too don't talk much anymore, I still have to acknowledge and give thanks for all of the things you have done for me through the years as well. Keep being you, and keep shining with that creativity... you're going places!
  • Joseph: JOSEPH! My best assistant ever, duh. No, in all seriousness... Joseph, I truly appreciate you for everything you have done for me. You always make me laugh, I have enjoyed our deep conversations, and I look forward every morning to watching the TikToks you send me, haha.
  • Bailey: You deserve a place here, Bailey. Although we don't talk much anymore, I do have to thank you. Thank you for once upon a time being quite a significant part of my life. I won't forget the good memories, and for introducing me to Kristina... whom I wouldn't have known without meeting/talking to you!
  • Sled: Sled, you’re such a down-to-earth person. Thank you for showing me continuous support. You have some fantastic feedback during difficult times, and I couldn’t ever thank you enough! Thanks so much, ur amazing!
  • Harrison: You deserve to be on this list, thank you for everything you had previously done for me.
  • Abushekaus: Thank you for being a genuine person.
  • Zendaya: THANK YOU!
  • Pic: THANK YOU!
  • Loki: I can't forget about you, thank you so much for everything!
  • Raindrop: YOU'RE AMAZING, THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY!
  • Damen, duh! I can't say enough... no essay will ever go into detail about how much I thank you for everything you've done for me.

Honestly, I am forgetting so many people... and the list truly is so long to even remember! Please, if you have made an impact on my time here don't hesitate to ASK TO BE ADDED TO THE LIST, you deserve it! Now, I'd like to take a small portion of time to thank those that are no longer with us, but I have made a huge impact on my time here...

Gone But NOT Forgotten
  • Moshi: Oh, Moshi... You were such a positive person within this community. I'll never forget you, and I truly want to thank you for everything you have done for me. You're such a caring person, and when I talk to you I feel no judgment. Thank you for that.
  • TacoFun: Wherever you are, thank you for being such a bright light within this community. You're truly missed!
  • Sunwolf: The 1st Moderator I ever spoke to, you taught me how to wear [2] head items at once, I'll never forget you!
  • Ella: I'm not sure how many of you remember Ella, she was a Moderator on OldCP as well as this community. I miss her dearly, as she and I lost contact a very long time ago. However, to this day I haven't forgotten about her or all the memories we had not only on here but Minecraft as well! I miss you so much, and I hope wherever you are in life, you're prospering!

Ok, ok as promised up above... Amanda. Listen, you deserve a spot completely by itself, heck, you deserve a whole discussion! Amanda, I met you way back in 2013. From the moment I met you, I had a feeling unlike no other. I never knew it then, but I certainly do now. You're my BEST FRIEND. I have been so lucky to have met you (in person) on multiple occasions! The countless memories both virtual and in reality, God, I will never forget. We have sustained contact with one another for nearly 10 whole years! This is a lifetime friendship, you're definitely a 4-lifer. Amanda, I love and appreciate you more than you may ever know. You have allowed me to be my full authentic self, and you have never once judged me... well, idk about that, aha. No, in all seriousness you have allowed me to accept myself for who I am. You embraced certain attributes about me that I personally didn't accept previously. Growing up with you (essentially) has been nothing but amazing. I am so thankful I was able to meet you and to consider you my BEEST FRIEND in the WHOLE WORLD. From our time on OldCP, Minecraft, Roblox, endless phone & video calls, etc... to be able to actually meet in real life, Amanda, thank you for being you. <3

... Alright, this discussion is definitely getting long... and I bet most of you will get a nosebleed by the end of it. So with that in mind, I'd like to take this time to reflect upon the future & to give my final concluding statement here on the DSGHQ as a whole. Thank you for getting this far into the discussion, I appreciate it!

My Future: As this community comes to a close, I'd like to reflect on what's to come. Although I originally thought I was always going to go into the Psychology/Counseling field... that couldn't be any further from where I'm currently heading in life. And part of me would like to thank this community for allowing me to become a rather outgoing person. Previously, I was always a shy person. This community has given me so many social skills, and I'm not joking... so thanks for that, haha! Anyways, have you ever heard the saying "the skies the limit"? Well, I am so happy to announce that my next journey in life is in the BLUE SKIES ABOVE! I start Flight Attendant Training sometime this summer (waiting on a training date), and I couldn't be happier! I look forward to exploring the world, and exploring aviation as a whole! Who knows... maybe I'll even dabble in piloting in the near future, haha. Regardless, I look forward to the future. And I truly hope all of you do too. All of you are capable of remarkable things, so if you're currently dreaming it... don't stop until you make your dreams a reality! I believe in all of you!

My Ending Statement: Congratulations! You made it to the end of this discussion, of which I am writing at 5:30 AM (running on no sleep). But, I'm at my most "creative" at night/running on no sleep. Anyways... This community has been together for 10 years, take a moment to truly think about that. Where were you 10 years ago today? Answer that... now answer this, where are you today? Think about that for just a moment. Most of you I met in 2013, and some of you way later than that. Regardless, many of us have grown up together. This was a platform for many of us to show off our creative/outgoing side. It was the platform that gave us purpose way back in the day, and it is the platform that allowed many of us to create and sustain remarkable friendships. Regardless of whether you like me or not, I couldn't be happier to have been in this community with all of you! We have thrived for a whole DECADE, and I couldn't be more proud! Wherever life may lead you next, please don't forget about this community. As I have said time & time again, this community is packed full of such TALENTED, REMARKABLE, AND TRULY AMAZING PEOPLE! I know all of you will make such a huge impact in the world around us. It makes me very proud to know that this world has individuals in it like you guys... it gives me hope for the future. Thank you all so much for the memories, the laughs, the cries, the good, the bad, the ugly... FOR ALL OF IT. Thank you! I couldn't be happier to be signing off of this community (for what will soon be the last time), having shared 10 years (9 YEARS FOR MYSELF), with every single one of you. I wish ALL OF YOU THE BEST, and I am so proud to have been a single part of this community, the DSGHQ!

Click the LINKS below to read my [2] other discussions...

This song is 10 years old (how iconic), but it makes me think about the DSGHQ. Euphoria, forever until the end of time!

Always & Forever,
Scott
<3

+1 by Loki, lylance, Narcissa, Kara and 9 others, -1 by Miromeski and FrogsFORGOTPASS
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th May 2023, 04:34 PM

I LOVE YOU SCOTT

ur such an icon ill adore u always

+1 by Scott and Bailey
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th May 2023, 05:40 PM

You’re definitely a legend Scott.

10 years ago I was so full of hope for the future and now… I’m not! Lol 🥀

+1 by Scott, Bailey and Kara

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st May 2023, 12:14 PM

Scott, I’m so grateful to have known you for so many years!! You helped me through some of the hardest times of my life and I cannot thank you enough for your guidance and support.

Being a PWC with you had to be one of my top 10 moments on OldCP. We had a rave in the penguin watch base every week 💃

+1 by Loki, Scott and Bailey

Kara
Administrator

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
31st May 2023, 01:56 PM

Zendaya2408 wrote on 30th May 2023, 04:34 PM:
I LOVE YOU SCOTT
ur such an icon ill adore u always
I love you too! <3
Loki wrote on 30th May 2023, 05:40 PM:
You’re definitely a legend Scott.
10 years ago I was so full of hope for the future and now… I’m not! Lol 🥀
Awe, thank you! & sometimes the world makes me not so hopeful... but y'know the world has some truly amazing people in it, so I hope they carry us, lol.
Kara wrote on 31st May 2023, 12:14 PM:
Scott, I’m so grateful to have known you for so many years!! You helped me through some of the hardest times of my life and I cannot thank you enough for your guidance and support.
Being a PWC with you had to be one of my top 10 moments on OldCP. We had a rave in the penguin watch base every week 💃
I can easily say the same about you! And honestly some of use PW meetings were pretty iconic, to say the least. Love ya' - Kara! <3

+1 by Kara
Hi, I'm Scott.

:3
1,004 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
1st June 2023, 02:26 AM

why would you just drop this fat stinker without letting me know first u troglodyte

just read my luttle section and thanks u fatty i wouldnt of met u if it wasnt for here and u catfishing me as a woman but hey it all worked out. thanks for sticking by me during all the crappy times and putting up with my literal hellhole of drama i have for a life.

+1 by Scott
Sadie was here, 12/27/2018. I love you, have a lovely day. <3
Sadie was here, 1/4/2020. Happy New Year, my love. I'm so thankful I can spend another year with you. <3
Scott was here 3/21/2020. We did it! <3
Scott was here 1/5/2021. We made it through 2020! I’m so thank you spend another year with you. <3

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
1st June 2023, 03:07 AM

Ava12286 wrote on 1st June 2023, 02:26 AM:
why would you just drop this fat stinker without letting me know first u troglodyte
just read my luttle section and thanks u fatty i wouldnt of met u if it wasnt for here and u catfishing me as a woman but hey it all worked out. thanks for sticking by me during all the crappy times and putting up with my literal hellhole of drama i have for a life.

My bad, I forgot to tell ya’. And girl, LOL.

I catfished you LESS THAN EVERYONE ELSE. You knew my identity in what 2014/15..!? Simmer down now, simmer down. love ya’! ❤️

Hi, I'm Scott.

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
2nd June 2023, 03:34 PM

LOL STOP, not the TikToks... In all honesty Scott I can't even believe I've known you for 6 years now. There's so many emotions that I feel with everything that we've been through and in the end I'm glad to say that I'm able to call you a good friend. This entire experience I've been on here has been such a fever dream and I know I left officially about 2 years ago but the community has always been in the back of my mind and I'd always find myself checking in to see what was going on and to make sure everyone was okay. Nonetheless, I will always send you the random stuff I find on my FYP.

+1 by Scott

83 posts
Seen 23rd August 2023
31st July 2023, 07:57 AM

aww scott!! i always looked up to you! thank you for making the penguin watch what it was :) looking back being apart of that was definitely some of my favourite memories ill always treasure!

+1 by Scott
rila

Login or join the forums to reply.