8th December 2013
1 view

Reputation/Posts Ratio

Made by SecretResearcher in Suggestions

136 posts
Seen 8th March 2016
8th December 2013, 07:00 PM

I was wondering if we could have an addition to our user that showed us our Reputation/Posts Ratio. This means obviously that there should be the amount of reputation you get over the amount of posts you make.

I'll use myself as an example. I currently have 85 reputation and 98 posts as of the time this discussion was made. That is calculated as approximately 87% of my posts getting likes, or .87 likes for each of my posts.

I would like to say that the main reason for me wanting this to happen is so that people can see how meaningful the user's posts usually are. If someone made 956 posts and got 22 reputation, that's approximately 2% of their posts getting likes, probably indicating that the user worries too much on the quantity of posts and not the quality.

Now, I know some people may become offended for this feature because they believe it won't be accurate in describing the quality of their posts. For instance, many people are posting that they have reached up to 100 reputation and almost up to 400 posts (which is the required amount to become master), and without needing to use a calculator, you can see that only 25% of their posts are being liked. That means the rank of a master could only have a quarter of their posts even noticed. With that being said, you could suggest that as long as your ratio is greater than or equal to 25%, you'll be fine.

I also thought that it would be nice to have a similar feature that reputation does, describing if you're doing good, very good, etc. However, this is a very minor suggestion and is not the main focus of this discussion, so it won't be necessary.

For the math, it is simply reputation/posts. As an example from the comments, 22 likes and 800 posts would be 22/800, or .0275. This would then be rounded up to .03, or 3%.

That's all.

+1 by Grace, , Hashir and Preston
~ SecretResearcher

1,071 posts
Seen 24th June 2023
8th December 2013, 07:04 PM

This would be useful, Secret Researcher. If you could find the ratio of you know...

But what would the calculator job be? If I have 800 posts and 22 rep, would it be 800 / 22? (eight hundred divided by twenty two?)

136 posts
Seen 8th March 2016
8th December 2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
This would be useful, Secret Researcher. If you could find the ratio of you know...

But what would the calculator job be? If I have 800 posts and 22 rep, would it be 800 / 22? (eight hundred divided by twenty two?)
22/800, which would be 0.0275 in the calculator. This would then be estimated as 3%. It isn't really necessary to explain the math in this discussion, but I'll add it anyways.

~ SecretResearcher

1,071 posts
Seen 24th June 2023
8th December 2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:

22/800, which would be 0.0275 in the calculator. This would then be estimated as 3%. It isn't really necessary to explain the math in this discussion, but I'll add it anyways.

Oh, you smart penguin!!! You're so ingenious!!! How did you get SO smart?! I mean I am 4 grades above my level, but how are you EVEN SMARTER?!?!?
I feel so grateful and lucky to have you as a friend, Smart SecretR.

I am now going to do the calculation in my current rep/posts situation...

Warm Regards,
~ RocketSnail ~

Login or join the forums to reply.