4th January 2014

VirusTotal Anti-Virus Scan

Made by Nintendo in Suggestions

Master
1,175 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
4th January 2014, 09:30 AM

Hello,

This isn't a major suggestion, but I saw that weeiii uploaded a download to a Minecraft animator for videos. Now, I've seen people get viruses from other malicious files(not the animator), so I thought we should add a VirusTotal anti-virus scan. If you find no virus in the files, then you can post it here, but you have to post it along with the VirusTotal result. If it is malicious, don't post it here.

Just a minor suggestion, not anything big. :)

~Nintendo

"I've failed over and over and over all my life, and that is why I succeed."

Epic Signature by Thisismyname

Awesome signature by Courtney6

Ahoy! Me and my good friend Rockhopper!

LUCKY PICTURE!

Me and Damen, a rare sight! :D

Thanks, Cherry123!

Nice job, Bailey!

Awesome job, Gamer!

King Regent Cyberwolf of Snaildom!

Another impressive masterpiece by Gamer!

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021
4th January 2014, 09:38 AM

Honestly, if someone is going to post a software or something here- most likely it doesn't have a virus unless they post some obvious shady looking stuff (like those CLICK HERE TO PLAY ads) The best way for a company to run out of business is to virus their software. Now, I do agree that if it's something smaller such as a minecraft mod, or an unsure software, either A) look at the reviews and comments. On minecraft mods, trust me, people will say if viruses were contained in the files. or B) scan the file as you said, although most of the time it shouldn't be necessary since the user who posts the download most likely trusts it.

"Everyone has heard that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know that this is not true."

Login or join the forums to reply.