The master of planning.
Suspended
77 posts
Posted in Knight Application-NinjitsuSir • 11th June 2015, 02:11 PM

Oh silly me! I forgot to list the commands of a knight. /Arrest <username> and /Release <username>

The master of planning.
Suspended
77 posts
Posted in Knight Application-NinjitsuSir • 11th June 2015, 02:07 PM

Hello!

As you can see from my title, I am applying to become a knight and serve the users of Old.cp. Now, what makes me so qualified, what makes me so good? For one thing, I have recommendations from the following people:

1.CoffeeCow
2.Matthew
3.Bashy smelly

I would go for more, but I assumed this would be enough. I know how to use a sword properly, you should always have a pattern of block, swing,block,swing. Block always comes first to show your experience and your patience with a blade.

Rules of a knight
1. Never draw your sword in public, that's treason.
2. Violence is always a last resort, an arrest is a second resort, and communication always comes first. Violence should only be used in the eyes of an enemy, one with a sword or gun after the people have been moved to safety.
3. Be the bigger person. You're an example user, never stoop down to a lower level, never argue with somebody you're trying to protect. Even if they are harassing you.
4. People always come before the knight. Your first line of duty is to get the users to safety before you get yourself to safety. You're a knight, you chose to serve.
5. Equality. All people are equal in the eyes of a true knight. They are always above yourself.
6. Respect. You're an honorable knight, treat others with respect and compassion.
7. This goes back to favoritism, this is more of an example. If a knight and another knight are arguing, they're both at fault. It doesn't matter who started it, lecture them both equally, with equality. They should know better.
Sword command knowledge.
Spacebar: Block
Shift+F: Draw your sword
F: Swing.
Your fighting style should be based around blocking and counters, never bloodthirsty and filled with swings, that shows inexperience and lack of understanding in battle customs.

Why become a knight all of a sudden?

I'm not going to lie. I came to Old Cp based upon work, but as I met the people, and saw the knights in their shining armor, and Chelsey filled with the passion for her users, I knew I'd love the people here. So, I had the will to serve the people. A knight is not one that is served, but serves.

Knight story, how I got my training and how I got here.

This story is actually fairly humorous for the people who were around when this was all happening live. When I first came to Old CP, I was a warrior serving within the snowball wars with Roberto representing the Light Troops, after a while I then got bored of all the war then joined CPAC. I was assigned to do a post on Old CP, so I did it. Then, I came back here to see if I was right in my post. I grew attached and knew, I'd become a knight even if it kills me. When I was looking for a teacher, I was declined by many people, but I learned by watching others train. I finally found three people who were willing to help me, one after the other. The first was Matthew, he showed me how to use a sword, he quizzed me on common knight knowledge and I didn't mess up once, same with Coffeecow and Smelly, they were all surprised to see how much I knew. After I scored a 100% on Smelly's test. I began to write this application, which is where I, or we, are now. Side note: I also asked Chelsey to quiz me, not a single mistake was made there either.

Even if I am declined, I refuse to quit. This is my passion and I'm going to chase it until the end.
Even if I keep on getting declined, I will show determination and perseverance and continue to assist users in any way I can without the knight status.

Proper timing, when is the right time to arrest?

This is a very controversial topic. Some knights arrest when they want to, others follow a procedure, which is most recommended, it shows discipline and organization. I follow a procedure if patience, I will warn them once, without a jail warning. Then, warn them one more time with a jail warning (unless a weapon is out, that's a whole different procedure.) If they don't listen to the jail warning, I will arrest them for a very short time, and just talk to them about what they did wrong and try to bond with the person. Remember, knights are examples, how good of an example would I be if I had no heart and no compassion for those I serve? After we've talked, they will be released, but I will watch them from there.

Final comments.

My heart is yours, my blade is yours, my knowledge is yours, it's time for me to give back.

This is my knight application, I hope you consider me. -Ninjitsu Sir