u having to deal with my writing mania at 1 am:

oh.
740 posts
Posted in Edge of Night: Episode 27 • 2nd January 2023, 01:15 PM

I DO NOT WANT TO DIE

oh.
740 posts
Posted in sharing my writing - p1 • 31st December 2022, 09:38 PM

I have been very hard at work over the past few months.

I have not one, not two, not even three stories to share... I have four.

But for now, my personal favorite is Hellfire. It's a story I began yesterday in a moment of sadness. It's the shortest at only 1425 words but I put a lot of my own personal feelings into it. The story follows a young child named Lune who's been shunned by her village for having the ability to control fire. She has to deal with bullying from her peers and suspicion from her family.

I'm going with a bit of a latin theme for the chapter names. So far there's three parts of the story- Solis Occasum, meaning sunset, which depicts Lune's struggles with control. Crepesculum, meaning twilight, which shows Lune dealing with the consequences of a major issue and Solis Ortus, meaning sunrise, where Lune learns how to handle her emotions and how to control her abilities.

I have the quote 'Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power' by Laozi as a standalone quote before the index and I believe it fits the theme of the story quite well. Lune struggles with controlling her emotions and tends to lash out. I think having this quote makes sense for her.

As for the story itself...

The girl bent her head over the fire, deeply inhaling the acrid smoke. The flames threatened to caress skin, but she didn’t shy away from them, nor did she wipe the tears that filled her eyes as the heat poured into them.

She knew the fire wouldn’t hurt her; it never had, as long as she’d been alive. When she had been a toddler, she’d wandered too close to the hearth in the living room and singed her clothes in the dying embers. A normal child would have cried, but she was not normal. She couldn’t remember if she’d ever been.

Perhaps it was a blessing, to be immune to such a deadly thing. It certainly helped in the dry season, when the sun baked the crops and droughts dried up the rivers and streams. But she’d heard the names they called her down in the village.

Freak.
Monster.
Devil child.

She pretended that the insults didn’t bother her. She pretended that she never heard the townsfolk as they whispered and jeered behind her back- they needn’t know how their words stung, how they chipped away bits of her heart. Even her own parents, Maman and Papa, thought she was strange. They would never admit it, of course, but they had no need to. She knew. She always knew.

The sun shone brightly overhead, casting its light through the forest clearing where she sat before a small fire. It was morning, and she ought to have been in school with the other children. But she couldn’t bear to listen to the mocking of her peers, or her teacher’s sly remarks- there were other days for that. She wanted an escape from it all, for now.

The girl reached out a small hand and let the flames dance around her skin. It tingled. Her skin turned red, but didn't blister. Rather, the heat wrapped around her like a blanket. It made her feel safe. Protected.

There's more to it but that's all I feel like sharing for now.

oh.
740 posts
Posted in Are we alone in the universe? • 29th December 2022, 01:48 PM

I'm a bit of a space geek so I'm gonna say this;

I don't think we're alone in the universe, but there aren't many planets out there that could sustain life of any form. There are only 24 planets out there that might potentially harbor life but they aren't all that great once you look at them. Most of them are tidally locked, meaning there would be no day or night cycle and temperatures would only be sufficient for life support towards their middle. And most of them are in such close proximity with their host stars that the level of radiation and heat would destroy almost any life before it has a chance to thrive.

Of the 24 planets, the most hopeful potentially inhabitable planets are:

Gliese 581g, or Zarmina, which is tidally locked with its star, making it so one half of the planet is locked in eternal darkness while the other half is being constantly baked.

Kepler-452 B, which is perfect for life and is almost a completely duplicate of Earth but is so far away that it'll take about 26 million years to get to it and the planet may be dead by the time we get to it.

And Proxima Centauri B, which is the closest to us but is dangerous because of the instability of Proxima Centauri. There would be a ton of radiation on PCB which would end up killing anything on it.

NASA has been suspicions of a planet that may potentially have a life form on it but I forgot its name. It was discovered in the early 2000s and they sent out a message to it. The message is meant to reach that planet in 2029 so we won't know until at least 2040+ if there is any life on it.

I think there is life out there. Both alien and other. I'm a heavy believer in the supernatural and the extraterrestrial. There is no true foundation to support a counterargument because no one truly knows the basis of evolution and if we are alone. I mean to say, space exploration is still extremely, extremely new. We only reached the moon in the 60s. That was 60 years ago. Not even a full century ago. And astronomical records date back to the 1200s and beyond. The universe is infinite. There are a number of galaxies outside of our own and because of that, I do think there's life out there. But nobody can say for certain what level of intelligence they're at, or if they'd even be able to communicate the same way as us.

oh.
740 posts
Posted in PRESIDENT OF P3D • 28th December 2022, 10:33 AM

Damen wrote on 28th December 2022, 07:17 AM:
- Messiah

and zenny!

oh.
740 posts
Posted in DSGHQ 2022 Awards • 26th December 2022, 11:52 AM

I think the most queer award should go to me

I swing both ways

The others only go down the one way street.

I make donuts and u-turns.

oh.
740 posts
Posted in Balance of Power • 25th December 2022, 06:01 PM

me in greys? :(

oh.
740 posts
Posted in Users as Harry Potter Characters • 19th December 2022, 12:45 PM

i was about to be very angry and then i saw its a joke

never do that again

oh.
740 posts
Posted in Live CZ Show: Aule • 26th November 2022, 03:48 PM

always have to do the days im working smh

oh.
740 posts
Posted in What is best food? • 25th November 2022, 10:39 AM

fried rice, quinoa, orzo

oh.
740 posts
Posted in CZ News: November 14-18, 2022 • 19th November 2022, 10:38 AM

me when veriscolor gave me a sword and i befriended fundanor

oh.
740 posts
Posted in CZ News - 11/3 to 11/13 • 15th November 2022, 03:30 PM

Damen wrote on 14th November 2022, 08:04 PM:
Quote:
Zendaya2408 wrote on 14th November 2022, 11:58 AM:
Quote:
Damen wrote on 14th November 2022, 08:06 AM:
Great report, thanks for that Zen. Would you like:
- A free create
- A custom username on P3D?
can i have a free create please
Yes, email it to [email protected]!

i sent the email, there's 2 things cause i couldn't choose but you can choose the one that sounds easier for you to make