Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Master Application • 16th July 2015, 03:38 PM

Well, I advise you to go on with being member for a little longer and earn a tad bit more reputation points! Other than that, swell application :).

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Report • 15th July 2015, 03:10 PM

Calm down, when exactly did you see him and were there any moderators online when this happened?

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Banned? • 14th July 2015, 04:34 PM

This means someone within your house hold, or you, were IP-Banned from the site. It happens often when people break rules repeatedly.

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Sacrificial Bug • 14th July 2015, 04:19 PM

Nerd wrote on 14th July 2015 04:17 PM:
Cheep said on 14th July 2015 04:15 PM:
Damen fixed this bug about a week ago so you shouldn't be having troubles with it anymore, but I will let Chelsey know it's still acting up. Thank you for letting us know.

No problem, Cheep. Thanks for taking that into consideration. I did my sacrifice on April 27, 2015. I believe that was the date. I remember it was exactly 8 days after I created this forums account.
In that case, Sacrifices released on June 4th of 2015, making your statement false. Anyway, I will still be contacting Chelsey :).

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Sacrificial Bug • 14th July 2015, 04:15 PM

Damen fixed this bug about a week ago so you shouldn't be having troubles with it anymore, but I will let Chelsey know it's still acting up. Thank you for letting us know.

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Forums Moderator Application • 14th July 2015, 02:19 PM

I really enjoyed your application, Kara :). Good luck on your goal!

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Congrats Cheep • 14th July 2015, 12:21 AM

Thank you so much :)

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Spreadsheet: Major Changes [Staff Please Read] • 13th July 2015, 09:40 PM

Honestly, I really do appreciate your work Bp, you not only made this a much better spreadsheet but you're actually acting like a friend to us. In retrospect Roberto was just a ruler, he didn't really react with the users. You on the other hand are a friendly, fresh new addition and I'm so happy you are here. This spreadsheet will be a great way to track our activity without it held against us. You actually get the concept of family, fun, and well, SUMMER!!! This is what I fought for :).

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Forums Moderator Application|| Cheep • 13th July 2015, 06:35 PM

Lloyd wrote on 13th July 2015 06:33 PM:
Sadie said on 13th July 2015 06:27 PM:
Hi Cheep,
Swell application! It truly is very good and well organized. Not too long either I enjoy them like that. Hope to see you soon.

Lloyd said on 13th July 2015 06:21 PM:
Great application! G'luck!
You'd making an amazing forums Mod!

But if you want to become a forums mod, pay attention on tags....

Tags aren't needed whatsoever, in fact they're not much of use. That is why you have the authority not to use them at all.

Sincerely,
-Sadie

Tags are used to find posts, imagine that a user wants to find her application, the tags would be: "Cheep, Application, Moderator, Forums", but she wrote: "app,cool,fun,cheep,is,cool,also,btw,sadie,and,chelsey,and,tess,are,cool", it's un-professional, if someone tried to find the application, he/she would take years and years.
Now now, there's no need to start an argument. It's none of your concern what my tags are :).

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Forums Moderator Application|| Cheep • 13th July 2015, 06:19 PM

Name: Caolainn/Cao

Username: Cheep

Time Zone: EST

Applying for the rank: Forums Moderator

Experience within this field: Coming from a user who was a moderator on many DSGHQ games and even a moderator on the Damen Spike Games HQ Forums, I'd say I am pretty experienced with moderator. I have also held my rank for about 5-6 months before I stupidly resigned over a petty fight with one of the administrators. I regret that incident and I'm ready for the position back. I know most of you want new moderators who have never been promoted before but I feel as if there is still some moderator qualities in those who have resigned in previous years or months. Besides, there is always room for improvement. On another note I've gained some experience in other ranks such as: Lady of the Bank & Queen Regent of Snaildom. Even though both of those ranks aren't exactly moderator, I had moderator powers while I was Queen Regent and Lady of the Bank. In further definition I believe I have gotten my experience through all these ranks and I truly regret the past and would like to forget that all together.

Qualities that I have similar to a moderator/Why I believe I deserve moderator: I'm quite responsible and I've made sure I keep up with the payments with the Imperial Bank, but I totally forgot about the sewers when some of them were banned from the community :P. Anyway, I also believe I am pretty self explanatory, I'll be straight forward with you, and as a moderator delivering bad news to naughty users is just what I can do. Of course you need to be sensitive to those who are new to the game but not too sweet, you don't want them to act foolish once more, so add a bit of sternness into the mix as well. Anyone can have opinions about users or ways about the DSGHQ, but being opinionated is somewhat powerful, which isn't always a bad thing. I'm opinionated but not in an obnoxious, loud, rude way, you know? I'm also very confident in what I do and who I am, which is also something I find very appealing about myself :D. Let's not forget there is a very fine line between confident and cocky, which is a line I promise you I'll never cross. I will always try my best to stay quiet and humble about earned ranks, I don't want to come off as conceited or boastful in any way :). I am also very active, respectful and most importantly, kind.

What I would do as moderator: As a moderator there are dos and don'ts. Do know there are boundaries when dealing with a user, don't think there isn't. If a user on the forums is acting up, say they're causing a lot of drama. In that situation you could suspend or you could take a more verbal approach to the situation, which can get your point across just as much as a ban/suspension could, but of course drastic measures call for drastic precautions like banning or suspending. If the drama continues and you're unsure about what you should do, ask a fellow colleague/moderator or administrator what they would do in the same position you might be in. Moderators are a team and they rely on each other, but each moderator is there own person, so never base one moderator's actions on the entire team. I will make sure this forums is free of inappropriate users and cussing users as well. I don't believe there should be any tolerance for cussing and being inappropriate.

Extra information: In a situation whereas there may be some threats to our community our main option is to go to Damen or Chelsey with our issues, hence they are Emperor and Empress of this community. I made a mistake of leaving, but this time I feel like I could do so much good for this community. I've seen so many moods regarding dramatic events and I wish I could delete them but I couldn't. Plus I'm on the forums until 3 am :O, I know that's late! I hope you all consider me for this rank as I will cherish it and carry out the good name of the rank moderator.

Thank you all for reading this, I appreciate it :).

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Badge Support • 11th July 2015, 10:26 PM

Seascape wrote on 11th July 2015 10:20 PM:
Cheep said on 11th July 2015 10:15 PM:
Seascape said on 11th July 2015 10:12 PM:
Cheep said on 11th July 2015 10:05 PM:
-Precede Millennia: Register with a forums account under the id of 1,000 (not possible anymore)
-Singer of Ice and Fire: I think you have to make a post about lord of the rings or game of thrones
-Badge of Honor: Damen gives you this as a gift of a high level of trust he has for you
-Writer: Writer of a book in Snaildom
-Prestigous Level: Have a high (probably around 800-100 i really dont remember) reputation
-Glorious Level: Like about 500 rep points
-View Magnet: over 10,000 views
-Francis Rage: Hidden on the forums (click a letter that is blue hehe)
-Dragons Coin: Buy gold from the store

Thank you. I screenshotted your post and saved it to my machine. It's very helpful. The only thing you got wrong were Prestigous and Glorious Level. Those are your Level (through XP) not your reputation. I think Glorious Level is 100 and Prestigous Level is 90-100 but it might be vice versa. Thanks for the help, Cheep.

No problem and yeah I mixed them up with the other reputation badges

Okay. Can you find out, which badge is which level? Glorious Level is what level and Prestigious Level is what level?

Prestigious is 80 and glorious is 100.

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Badge Support • 11th July 2015, 10:15 PM

Seascape wrote on 11th July 2015 10:12 PM:
Cheep said on 11th July 2015 10:05 PM:
-Precede Millennia: Register with a forums account under the id of 1,000 (not possible anymore)
-Singer of Ice and Fire: I think you have to make a post about lord of the rings or game of thrones
-Badge of Honor: Damen gives you this as a gift of a high level of trust he has for you
-Prestigous Level: Have a high (probably around 800-100 i really dont remember) reputation

Thank you. I screenshotted your post and saved it to my machine. It's very helpful. The only thing you got wrong were Prestigous and Glorious Level. Those are your Level (through XP) not your reputation. I think Glorious Level is 100 and Prestigous Level is 90-100 but it might be vice versa. Thanks for the help, Cheep.

No problem and yeah I mixed them up with the other reputation badges

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Badge Support • 11th July 2015, 10:05 PM

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Posted in Badge Support • 11th July 2015, 09:54 PM

You don't need a user to explain to you how to get your desired badges because this page does it for you :D http://forums.damenspike.com/badges/ :). Or click the badges and it will tell you the description and/or how to earn them underneath the actual name of the badge.