Master
6,414 posts
Posted in HELP WITH FONTS • 8th April 2020, 12:02 PM

Damen has written a Wiki article about it. Check out Wiki:Web_Safe_Fonts

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Smaller view size breaks navbar • 8th April 2020, 11:39 AM

It happens to me too. It is curious that this forum is responsive on mobile devices but not on smaller screens.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Lush and Brit. Scum? • 8th April 2020, 09:17 AM

I really didn't expect this from Lush and Brit but it happened, but good people make bad choices and that's life.
It is natural that people will stick up for their friends and it seems a bit authoritarian and unnecessary to punish them for it. But as you have said, being friends with someone doesn't mean you have to be a sheep. Actually, I strongly believe that true friendship is about sincerity and freedom to discuss mistakes. The genuine friendship does not require absolute agreement between parts to exist, it is sustained upon disagreements.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Oldcp ipban appeal • 8th April 2020, 06:42 AM

No, you weren't banned. Actually, it is impossible to normalban you because the command doesn't work. You have repeatedly killed people, cussed and bought weapons from the royal armoury when you are weapon banned.
You're not even helping yourself: you just said you want to come back to destroy arien, Orome and Mairon. How will you do this without weapons? You have just admitted you want to come back to break rules once more.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Surprise! • 7th April 2020, 10:27 PM

now this is epic
welcome back Terry! The community has missed you. It's great to see you.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in stay safe • 7th April 2020, 10:26 PM

top homemade mask 11/10 legit best content
btw mike u were dming me earlier but you died so i dmed you on discord

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Re- Official Retirement • 7th April 2020, 03:03 PM

How did you exactly get hacked? The supposed hacker apologized many times, what sort of hacker is this? Sorry, but this sounds very strange.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in NAHHHHH UNIPBAN KID V2 • 6th April 2020, 01:35 PM

LEGIT BRO U DID THIS TO URSELF NAH LEGIT IDC FOLLOW RULES BRO

NAH LEGIT YK THE RULES BRO NAH LEGIT RULES ARE BANGAH LEGIT NAH BRO

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in NAHHH UNIPBAN KID • 6th April 2020, 01:21 PM

LEGIT BRO FOLLOW THE RULES BRO IDC LEGIT BRO

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Joust Host • 4th April 2020, 10:04 PM

There's a server for fighting (South Pole) already, so I think this command isn't really necessary if you want to train. Jousts are more like an event than training properly.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in 2 Faced Community • 3rd April 2020, 11:34 PM

I completely agree with you, even though I believe that this community was much more toxic years ago (especially due to drama). Indeed, a lot of criticism has been directed towards the Staff and I feel personally offended sometimes. I've worked hard during 6 years until I became a Moderator on Forums and on OldCP, however, some users despise all that effort in a few seconds.

Although feedback is welcome, lately, the criticism hasn't been very constructive. I notice that by the suggestions because people rarely suggest practical measures to be taken. When they do, all they say is "demote the inactive mods", "make them moderate more closely", but these are only vague suggestions and they won't help us at all. Also, they easily make generalizations out of incomplete observations, many said "I have never seen x moderating" and that instantly becomes a judgement.

Honestly, this is a very recent situation and I don't understand how we got here. A few months or even weeks ago this wasn't happening like now, but I still hope people understand our side.
Thank you for writing this post, Dancebear, this is an excellent example of empathy and of our community values. Thank you for this.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Sled4Empress • 2nd April 2020, 05:49 PM

Sounds good, Sled is empress de facto at this point anyways.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Art Requests • 1st April 2020, 11:36 PM

OOF PLEASE DRAW ME

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Why GOM is a terrible idea. • 1st April 2020, 11:33 PM

As Zen, I will also disagree with you many aspects of what you said.

1) GOM is a competition and as Zen has mentioned, every member has the same chances of winning. Many times, a member of the team won GOM instead of the team leader. The objetive of GOM is not only to find a new Moderator, it's also an event and many people compete just for fun.

2) If you look through the previous GOMs, you will see that all the tasks involve moderating skills. The objective of the tasks is to evaluate people on situations that Moderators go through often. I strongly believe that GOM is an excellent idea due to this, it's not only about selecting a specific Moderator, as I said before, but it also evaluates other users, and, perhaps, they will become a Moderator in the future.

3) The userbase is very small currently, but the game is getting a bit more active now due to quarantine across the world. No one is obligated to play the game for days, Mods just need to be online for 15 hours per month, which isn't much, in my opinion.

4) Be careful with your generalizations. If you haven't seen a moderator doing his/hers job, it doesn't mean that the Moderator never does it. Your observations only represent a limited time and space and you can't make a generalization out of that so easily. Another important thing, being an island ruler doesn't make you a Moderator. Ian is the current Cobia Governor and he isn't a Moderator, for example. If someone happens to be an island ruler and Moderator, it's because they earned the rank and the land. Of course that being a good island ruler requires some qualities expected from a Moderator, but after all it's just a coincidence.
I'll try to remain neutral on your criticism against the Staff, including myself, but I must say that almost all the Moderators from the list are doing their jobs well, with just one or two exceptions. Also, I have 2 accounts because one has died. If an OldCP Administrator sees this, please demote LloydX, I'm using my main (Lloyd720) now.

5) Being a Moderator isn't only about punishing users when they swear. There are many occasions in which users bully others without cussing and a Moderator is necessary to intervene. Moderating is also about helping users, especially the new ones. Moderators receive reports, help users, ensure that people are not pulling their weapons in public (unless it's self-defense or orders). Summing up, OldCP rules are not only about swearing and inappropriate behaviors, it's about much more than that, thus, having Moderators is a good idea.

Just my thoughts, I appreciate your feedback and I hope you understand what I said.