SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in Wisdom Library + Use for Librarians • 22nd June 2015, 03:57 PM

Great idea! I'd love to see this one OldCP! :)

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in The Shadow ~Jilly • 22nd June 2015, 10:00 AM

Detective Jilly wrote on 22nd June 2015 04:47 AM:
Detective Glimmer said on 20th June 2015 11:03 PM:
I think it might be just a normal shadow. This Shadow thing is something really hard to notice, so if there were any clues around the island, it would be something more noticeable.

http://prntscr.com/7jv2x7 Your're so funny.

:o dun dun dun

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in Glimtastic News • 21st June 2015, 08:20 PM

Aloha! And welcome to my news reporting discussion show thing... :D Hope you enjoy it.... This was an awkward introduction.

DSGHQ Summer begins, Spring Ends!
Today marks the ends of our Spring and the beginning of our 2015 Summer! I'm sure there will be many new and exciting features and events happening around here. Who's excited? I am. Not really that excited but whatever I'm still pretty excited... ANYWHOZIES...

We already have a new thing going on on OldCP called redemption. Ehem, ehem:

Quote:
I hereby declare a new feature of the DSGHQ

Redemption

Each half year (Summer and Winter) we will hold one Redemption on the DSGHQ.

What is Redemption?
Redemption is the only user's vote for demoting any staff and voting in replacement staff. Although this does NOT include Royalty or the Emperor Helper.

Summer Redemption
Spring of the DSGHQ is almost over. The first ever Redemption will be held on OldCP after Spring is over. Summer begins in just two days so the first Summer Redemption will be next week.

Redemption Summer 2015
Date: Friday 26th June 2015
Session 1 Time: 3 PM EST / 12 PM PST / 8 PM UK
Session 2 Time: 5 PM EST / 2 PM PST / 10 PM UK

Votes
You can vote out existing staff. This can be moderator rank and administrator rank.

Forum Staff
This vote includes all DSGHQ games and the forum.

Can we vote FOR mods/admins?
Yes, you can vote for replacements only, not fresh new staff.

Replacements
If you are voted in as a replacement, you earn the rare REDEMPTION badge of the DSGHQ.

If you miss the event you cannot vote. You must be at the event.

Note that this is a trial event and will only happen twice per year.

Sounds cool, right? I'm glad that he's taking the user's input on who should and/or shouldn't be a staff member.

Moderator Spreadsheet

OoBubblesoO has been excused.

Probations: Sled

There were no demotions.

Also, congratulations on Luke of getting Forums Moderator.

Other Stuff

Wolf1 is player of the day.
May23 is 14 today!
simran66666 is 12 today!
Icee8888 is 14 today!
CheshireClock is 18 today!

Thank you, everybody, for listening in on our week's news! Stay tuned for next week for new reports coming your way!

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in I killed the Guy • 21st June 2015, 12:27 PM

I'm honestly so confused right now.

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in Feedback Discussion Of Moderators • 21st June 2015, 12:16 PM

Good post, Maniac. Nobody is perfect. I did think that admins and other staff members got treated specially, but it really shouldn't really matter to me. This is all just a virtual game. Nobody is perfect.

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in My opinion of the dsghq • 21st June 2015, 08:54 AM

I agree with Wolf and Wend.

Also, if people are mean to staff members, there is always this big deal about it. (Not all staff members.) But there have been quite a few times when a staff member gets all hurt because people were saying "You mods get unfair treatment" and whatnot, then there is this really long discussion about it on the forum. If someone is mean to a normal user, no one really cares.

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in My opinion of the dsghq • 20th June 2015, 11:21 PM

I agree. I feel like it's always the same people being picked for ranks and other things. Mods get demoted then re premoted again. Also, many mods don't really do their job very well. Of course there is time to have fun, but if someone is trying to ask a question or talk to a moderator about something, they don't listen. In fact, today, I saw a user go up to a knight and ask if she could talk to him. And guess what the knight said?

"No."

And he was not busy or anything.

I think that people should be premoted because of their detication, hard work, and good ability to do their job instead of how popular they are. A user could be really trusted and popular, but they don't always make the best mods...

Also, I feel like people are always saying "You must respect staff!" When in reality, we should be respecting everybody! A staff member is still a "normal user." Calling people who aren't staff members "normal users" makes us feel like we lack importance.. Some mods say "All Mods are equal" when some people are talking about their favorite mod and stuff, but all users are equal. The DSGHQ has become kind of a place where one group of people are treated unfairly than another group of people.

Just my opinion...

Nobody is perfect. I thought about what DSC said...

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in The Shadow ~Jilly • 20th June 2015, 11:03 PM

I think it might be just a normal shadow. This Shadow thing is something really hard to notice, so if there were any clues around the island, it would be something more noticeable.

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in My apology. • 20th June 2015, 02:31 PM

We forgive you, May. We all know how wonderful of a person you are. Yes, we all make mistakes, but nobody is perfect. We all get mad, angry, sad, and frustrated sometimes, and it gets the best of us. You showed how mature you are in this post.

Hopefully you will soon get your rank back. There come times when we can't be super active, even mods. You were such an amazing moderator.

<3 Glims <3

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in reading hate comments • 18th June 2015, 11:11 PM

Omg Shane.

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in TEMP ARRESTING • 16th June 2015, 09:53 PM

This is a great idea. Also, the staff member that arrested said user, they don't have to worry about forgetting that that user is in jail, because the arrest will wear off eventually, on its own.

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in Trial of Sir Matthew Warlord DSGHQ • 16th June 2015, 08:46 PM

Yup. I was loitering randomly in the town earlier when Gamer came by and was all like "Matthew killed Ailithius!"

It's a shame. Matthew has gotten so far. He became a Warlord, Moderator, and just put it all to waste.

Plus, Ailithius was baeee. so tiny.

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in Vote - Hair or Not? • 16th June 2015, 08:42 PM

I think you should stay bald. I think if you don't wear hair, it is more unique because so many people wear wigs. I just wear a kitty hat, no hair.

Plus, I'm used to seeing you with no hair. Just the tiara. And you look fab.

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in summer plans? -Scoop100 • 16th June 2015, 09:40 AM

Last week I went on a trip to Georgia. My brother was doing this thing and I went and did really cool stuff with my mah madre. We went to da place where Catching Fire was filmed.

Anyways, we are also going on a cruise in a few weeks with our family. Super excited! :3

SYRUP ON POUTINE
812 posts
Posted in HQ DOOR MISSING • 15th June 2015, 07:24 PM

The door to the Boiler Room is also missing