Emperor's Apprentice - Sign Ups

Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
3rd November 2014, 08:46 PM

Greetings DSGHQ users,

If you are from England and watch the BBC program The Apprentice and have read the title you're probably thinking, a new competition to do with working for the Emperor???

Well if you were, you're right. Apart from my name won't be Lord Sugar.

I've made a second moderator competition called 'Emperors Apprentice'.

The Emperor Apprentice is a special new rank, that can be won. What is the Emperor Apprentice?

The Apprentice is a moderator, not just on Snaildom, but on forums too!

The Emperor's Apprentice is given optional training on anything they want from Damen.
E.g. game making, designing, website making, broadcasting etc... so one day perhaps they may host radio shows or create minigames for the DSGHQ and will help them to become successful in any of these fields when they're older so they can become rich!

Does it work the same as the Game of Mods?
It's similar, but instead of allowing users to make their own teams, there are only 2 main teams which users are evenly shared into.

Can anyone join?
No, before an Apprentice Comp there will be sign ups, like this discussion.

How many people are selected?
There is a minimum of 13 candidates to run for the rank, although it probably will go up to around 15.

How long does the Competition last?
There are 3 stages per week and there are 3 weeks. In total, there are 9 stages. 1 person is fired each stage until there are 4 left in the final.

What time?
The dates aren't made yet, because we need to get the candidates first.

Tasks
Instead of having lots of tasks in each stage, there will only be one mega-task in each stage.

TO APPLY TO BECOME A CANDIDATE OF THE EMPERORS APPRENTICE
RESPOND TO THIS DISCUSSION USING THE APPLICATION FORMAT
BELOW.

Requirements
You MUST have at least 200 forums reputation.
You MUST have at least 3 months on your forums account.
You MUST have not been banned in the past 4 months.

Name: Your nicknames on forums and Snaildom and any other names.
Experience: Your moderating experience and computer experience. Do NOT include any CPPS websites in this experience field.
Skills: Moderator skills.
Are you willing to learn any of the above quotes subjects from Damen if you become the Apprentice? Select any from "Game Designing", "Multiplayer Servers", "Website Designing", "Broadcasting Radio", "Broadcasting Television"
Description A Description of why you feel suitable for this rank of Apprentice.
Do you understand that the rank of Apprentice includes moderator rank and forums moderator rank and learning apprentice of Damen? Reply Yes/No.

I look forward to your interest
Damen

+1 by Varai, Bp28, Cart, tennis and 32 others

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
3rd November 2014, 08:48 PM

I will not be applying, but I wish good luck to those who are applying! :) Can't wait for the games to begin! :)

+1 by Bailey, Glimmer in the AM, Gaf, trixie and 7 others

Old User
583 posts
Seen 23rd April 2023
3rd November 2014, 08:50 PM

Good Luck to all!!!!!!! i think toby should join this ;) just saying.

+1 by Bailey, V, trixie, Maybe and 5 others

-.-
434 posts
Seen 13th March 2016
3rd November 2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Greetings DSGHQ users,

If you are from England and watch the BBC program The Apprentice and have read the title you're probably thinking, a new competition to do with working for the Emperor???

Well if you were, you're right. Apart from my name won't be Lord Sugar.

I've made a second moderator competition called 'Emperors Apprentice'.

The Emperor Apprentice is a special new rank, that can be won. What is the Emperor Apprentice?

The Apprentice is a moderator, not just on Snaildom, but on forums too!

The Emperor's Apprentice is given optional training on anything they want from Damen.
E.g. game making, designing, website making, broadcasting etc... so one day perhaps they may host radio shows or create minigames for the DSGHQ and will help them to become successful in any of these fields when they're older so they can become rich!

Does it work the same as the Game of Mods?
It's similar, but instead of allowing users to make their own teams, there are only 2 main teams which users are evenly shared into.

Can anyone join?
No, before an Apprentice Comp there will be sign ups, like this discussion.

How many people are selected?
There is a minimum of 13 candidates to run for the rank, although it probably will go up to around 15.

How long does the Competition last?
There are 3 stages per week and there are 3 weeks. In total, there are 9 stages. 1 person is fired each stage until there are 4 left in the final.

What time?
The dates aren't made yet, because we need to get the candidates first.

Tasks
Instead of having lots of tasks in each stage, there will only be one mega-task in each stage.

TO APPLY TO BECOME A CANDIDATE OF THE EMPERORS APPRENTICE
RESPOND TO THIS DISCUSSION USING THE APPLICATION FORMAT
BELOW.

Requirements
You MUST have at least 200 forums reputation.
You MUST have at least 3 months on your forums account.
You MUST have not been banned in the past 4 months.

Name: Your nicknames on forums and Snaildom and any other names.
Experience: Your moderating experience and computer experience. Do NOT include any CPPS websites in this experience field.
Skills: Moderator skills.
Are you willing to learn any of the above quotes subjects from Damen if you become the Apprentice? Select any from "Game Designing", "Multiplayer Servers", "Website Designing", "Broadcasting Radio", "Broadcasting Television"
Description A Description of why you feel suitable for this rank of Apprentice.
Do you understand that the rank of Apprentice includes moderator rank and forums moderator rank and learning apprentice of Damen? Reply Yes/No.

I look forward to your interest
Damen
Name on Snaildom and Forums: Fries
Experience: I was on forums *Rookie *Member *Master *Wise and i was never a moderator for Snaildom or forums sadly, but i would really like to become one and i am really good in Science and in Math.
Skills: I was a *Rookie *Member *Master *Wise on forums and i have been playing for over a year on Oldcp which is now Snaildom and i am a trusted user. :)
Are you willing to learn any of the above quotes subjects from Damen if you become the Apprentice? Yes, i am, like Broadcasting Radio.
I feel suitable for this rank because i feel like i am ready to become a moderator on Forums and Snaildom which i have always wanted to do and i have been working really hard. :)
Yes, i do understand that the Apprentice includes moderator rank and learning apprentice of Damen. :)
-thank you for reading
~Fries

+1 by Varai, Bailey, Maybe, Kricken and 4 others

872 posts
Seen 11th August 2023
3rd November 2014, 08:57 PM

I can't apply because I have 167 rep :(. So close! :P

+1 by Bailey, trixie, TwentyTwoPilots, Jake01 and 2 others

queen of oopsie doopsies
374 posts
Seen 24th April 2022
3rd November 2014, 08:59 PM

I sadly will not be applying but I wish you all luck! :D

+1 by Bailey, trixie, Maybe, oldcpgrace and 1 other
- Take this seriously -

Teammaybe

The Great
Master
3,983 posts
Seen 10th September 2020
3rd November 2014, 08:59 PM

Damen, this opportunity is truly amazing and nice of you to offer. However since I have been to privileged with many opportunities and ranks in the past, I will let someone else win this one.

+1 by May23, Bailey, trixie, dolterhawk and 5 others

and i was stressed out.
2,308 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
3rd November 2014, 09:01 PM

Name: Andrew (on Snaildom) and Andrew0342 for forums
Age: 9 (yes I know I am young but smart at the internet for my age)
Experience: Well I was a finalist for a Knight comp on OldCP
Skills: Was a Rookie Member Master and was a finalist for a Knight comp
Are you willing to learn any of the above quotes subjects from Damen if you become a Apprentice? "Website Designing"
Description: I am a trusted user and am a current Master I have never been Banned or advertised a different CPPS. And I was here for a long time so I think I got what it takes
Do you understand that the rank of Apprentice includes Forums mod and mod rank and learning Apprentice of Damen? Yes I do

Thank you ~Andrew0342~

+1 by Bailey, Damen, trixie, oldcpgrace and 2 others
twenty one pilots is cool.

trix are for kids
430 posts
Seen 24th February 2021
3rd November 2014, 09:03 PM

Name: Chex
Experience: Oldcp, Otherwise no other moderating skills, but I was almost a Clubpenguin moderator, but I was too young.
Skills: Fair, Non-Judgmental, Fun, Smart
Are you willing to learn any of the above quotes subjects from Damen if you become the Apprentice? Yes. All areas I am open to.

Description: I feel like I could assist you as Emperors Apprentice, Because I believe and love this community. I would never leave/do hateful things of a demotion, or any other problem.
Do you understand that the rank of Apprentice includes moderator rank and forums moderator rank and learning apprentice of Damen? Yes.

+1 by Bailey, Damen, trixie, Haylee and 1 other

2,325 posts
Seen 2nd November 2015
3rd November 2014, 09:04 PM

Hello,
I am May23monthly, and I am applying to become a candidate for the Emperor's Apprentice Competition.

Name: May23monthy, both on Forums and Snaildom. But, I am normally called May23 or May.

Experience: I have Moderated for this community in the past, and I know a small amount of HTML coding.

Skills: I think some of my Moderating skills would be handling situations. I believe that I handle situations calmly, and try to find the best resolution to a problem. I also think that one of my skills is helping others. I am also quite active.

I am completely willing to learn from Damen. I am very intrigued in Broadcasting Radio.

I feel that I would be suitable for this rank, because I love to help others. I have been a Moderator before, so I know how much responsibility it must take. Helping other users really makes me happy, and a truly enjoy it. I think I have enough experience, and I believe I would make a suitable Apprentice. I am completely dedicated, and ready to take on the responsibility.

I completely understand that if I got the rank Emperor's Apprentice, I would be both a Moderator on the Forums and Snaildom. (Yes.)

Overall, I believe I would make an excellent Emperor's Apprentice.

Thank you for considering my application,

-May23monthly

+1 by Bailey, Damen, Varai, V and 3 others

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd November 2014, 09:07 PM

Name: Bailey
Experience: Moderator on Old CP for a month in March and May. Current Snaildom and Forums Moderator.
Skills: Reliable, trustworthy, helpful, active, dependable, and responsible.
Are you willing to learn any of the above quotes subjects from Damen if you become the Apprentice? Yes I am willing to learn "Game Designing," "Multiplayer Servers," "Website Designing," "Broadcasting Radio", and "Broadcasting Television."
Description: I feel I would be suitable for this rank because I have earned many ranks in the past, but it is not based off what I have earned, but what my actions are. I choose not to disobey the rules because I am a loyal citizen of the DSGHQ. I help others in need. I feel I am honorable to this community. I respect you and your decisions, Emperor.
Do you understand that the rank of Apprentice includes moderator rank and forums moderator rank and learning apprentice of Damen? Yes, I do.

(I am thinking about becoming a Computer Programmer as a career when I get older so this could really help me! :))

+1 by CocaCola10, Damen, Bp28, Varai and 3 others

709 posts
Seen 16th June 2020
3rd November 2014, 09:08 PM

Name: CocaCola10 on Snaildom & Sir CocaCola10 on forums.
Experience:
*Finalist in the 2014 Autumn Moderator Comp.
*Bob's Detective Apprentice.
Skills: Trustworthy, honest, kind, nice, helpful, teachable, and respectful.
Are you willing to learn any of the above quotes subjects from Damen if you become the Apprentice? Yes sir!
Description: I think I should be you apprentice, because I am very trustworthy, honest, and respectful. When you are teaching me, I will be VERY respectful to you, and I will listen to EVERY word you teach to me!
Do you understand that the rank of Apprentice includes moderator rank and forums moderator rank and learning apprentice of Damen? Yes sir! Mostly game designing! :D
Thanks for reading! I hope you accept me as you apprentice! ;)
~Sir CocaCola10~

+1 by Bailey, Damen, Varai, Haylee and 4 others
Best Friends
Damen, Nathan Drake, Tennis, Jesse, Matthew, Freddy, Crowflying, Roberto, Bobby, Bp28, Sir Sriram

frozo<3
Master
1,701 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd November 2014, 09:11 PM

Hello.

My name is Olivia, In game name is Tornado. Forums name is obviously insertnamehere (current)

My age is 11, although I am very mature and I know Spanish, Greek, and Latin. Oh and english XD

Experience: I have alot of experience on other things like cpps's and popular chats, but I have experience here as a chat moderator, and OldCP moderator.
I did abuse my powers, but promise you I will not abuse ever again. It was quite foolish of me. I dont want to be it for the fame, but to help you.. I am really active, and I have been here for over a year. I know about every moderator, and I am very friendly. I am "wise" and I am online for usually 3 hours a day everyday. Although, I am going to another state to visit family this week so I shall be inactive.

I have never been a forums moderator, but Id love to prove myself. Ive been trying for a really long time.

I think id be a good once because I have what It takes. I love my emporor, and I stay loyal to him. Even if I get annoyed, I still obey him.
I am forgiving, but I wont punish without any proof.

3 warnings= Kick
3 kicks= Ban
3 bans= IP ban.

+1 by Bailey, Damen, Varai, trixie and 3 others
Epic signature from thisismyname Cool signature from Cheep! Cool sig from Bella

Certified Nick Foles Fan
1,076 posts
Seen 19th April 2020
3rd November 2014, 09:15 PM

Name: Bp28
Experience: I've moderated a few of your games, and I was a mod on the short lived DSGHQ minecraft server. I am the current DSGHQ knights captain.
Skills: I'm strict but fair, loyal, understanding, active, and calm
Am I willing to learn any of the above quotes subjects from Damen if you become the Apprentice?: I am very interested in game designing, it would be an honor to learn from you.
I think I would be suitable for the Emperor's apprentice because of my loyalty and interest in learning about game creating. I have never abused moderator powers given to me before, and I promise to help and learn from you.
I understand that if selected, I will be both a snaildom mod and forum mod as well as an apprentice to the Emperor Damen.

+1 by Bailey, CocaCola10, Varai, trixie and 2 others

Lead us Thorin!!
R.I.P Sean K.

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
3rd November 2014, 09:20 PM

Hello. I guess that I can join even though I am an administrator. If I cannon, please tell me.

Name: PenguinDSC
Experience: I have been a wiz at math, science, and computers for a long time, and I have been a moderator and administrator of the dsghq before.
Skills: I am good at doing my job, and I am very trustworthy and I know how to moderate.
Are you willing to learn any of the above quotes subjects from Damen if you become the Apprentice? I would love to learn about Game Designing, Multiplayer Servers, and Broadcasting Radio.
Description: I think I would suit this job because I love to help others, and I would be very good at being an apprentice. I am very nice, respectful, and active. I follow the rules, and I can help enforce them also.
Do you understand that the rank of Apprentice includes moderator rank and forums moderator rank and learning apprentice of Damen? Yes I do.

I hope that I can be accepted, this would be very fun to participate in.

+1 by Gaf, CocaCola10, Bailey, Varai and 4 others

Login or join the forums to reply.