20th September 2020

Forums Game of Moderators - Stage 3

Made by CoffeeCow in News

Master
838 posts
Seen 7th July 2023
20th September 2020, 11:11 PM

Forums Game of Moderators - Stage 3

Greetings. Welcome to another segment of Moo News. This is issue number thirteen and we are here to spill all the coffee.

On the fifteenth of September, Damen published a discussion about hosting the last Forums Game of Moderator. In the task, the participants had to write a fictional excerpt in English. On the twentieth of September, he would go live on his YouTube to read the excerpts and determine the winner of the competition. For more information on it, feel free to click here.

Forums Game of Moderators - Stage 3.

On the twentieth of September, the competition was streamed live on Damen’s YouTube channel. Four people participated; Layla, Kace, Sled and Zendaya. The winner of the best excerpt would earn the rank of moderator on the forums.

Zendaya

Click here to view the published discussion of the excerpt.

After Damen read “Zen’s Excerpt”, he commented the following:
“Quite interesting. I would like to know who this person is.”.

Layla

After he read “FGOM Stage 3 Excerpt - Layla”, he commented the following:
“Layla, goodness me. Gosh. This is a children’s community.” Thought this was a story about a zombie-apocalypse.”

Sled

After he read “FGOM Stage 3 Excerpt - Sled”, he commented the following:
“I feel sad for Luka. I think Jakob is always seen as the alpha. I think Luka is an idiot. I think Jakob is an idiot. I think all of them are idiots”.”

Kace

After he read “FGOM STORY”, he commented the following:
“The use of language. “Legit and BANGAH”. Really fancy language”.

Results

The event was coming close to an end and Damen had to determine the winner of the competition. He was mostly debating between Zendaya’s and Layla’s excerpts because of the use of language and how the story leaves with a cliffhanger. Kace’s story was out of the picture due to the choice of words he included and although Sled’s discussion was well-written, it turned out to be a story rather than an excerpt.

After babbling for a few minutes, it was determined that Layla was the winner of Forums Game of Moderators. She was promoted on forums by Damen and later received a badge for it.

---

Interview

I had the opportunity to interview the new forums moderator, Layla. She was given three questions.

Question #1: How difficult was it to complete the tasks during the competition?
Answer: It wasn’t really difficult. I struggled with all the tasks a bit. I thoroughly enjoyed everything I put out during the competition.

Question #2: Where did you get inspiration from writing your excerpt?
Answer: I’m glad you asked this because I really wanted to talk about this. Within the past four months, I played the Last for Us for the first time. I genuinely enjoyed it so much. Recently, the second game came out. My boyfriend and I are currently halfway through the game. There’s two (new) types of zombies called bloaters and stalkers. Bloaters are very big and bulky zombies. They kill you very brutally. I believe that they kill you in one hit. Stalkers are very silent, following you around and trying to catch you off guard. I knew that for my excerpt. I wanted someone to die within the first sentence, no doubt. I came up with a zombie apocalypse theme, with the inspiration from the Last of Us first and second game.

Question #3: How will you contribute towards being the new forums moderator?
Answer: Recently, there has been an influx of trolls on the forums. I know who is behind them and I’m making an attempt to have them stop. In the meantime, I’ll do my best to try to keep the forums safe from them and other possible trolls or inappropriate content. Also, I really enjoy helping people navigate the forums and I know that’s not necessarily a duty of a forum moderator, but now I can help out more than before. I wanted to become a forums moderator because I’ve been on the forums for roughly six years, going on seven. ‘Ve never obtained a role like that on the forums. I thought it was time I try to see what’s like and how I feel about it. Loki always says it’s the best staff team, so of course I had to join after she said that.

Question #4: Any additional comments?
Answer: Buy my merch and stream “NECTAR” by Joji, coming this week. I am also hiring one to two Game Hosts, so direct message me if you want to become one.

Thank you for participating in the interview, Layla!

---
Thank you to everyone who either participated or spectated the event! All the excerpts were fascinating to read.

Oh no! Damn it, Mooin Mocha!

The coffee has spilled. Until the next report, coming later today!

---

References

Damen’s post titled, FGOM Stage 3 Final: https://forums.damenspike.com/discussion/61683.

+1 by spoke, V, EbonJaeger, eugee and 9 others

inactive
90 posts
Seen 5th June 2023
20th September 2020, 11:14 PM

amazing report lou! keep up the good work i hope to see more! <3

+1 by CoffeeCow, V and EbonJaeger
archive

positions
Banned
679 posts
Seen 10th October 2022
20th September 2020, 11:27 PM

Magnificent report! Congratulations to Layla for winning FGOM and to those who competed. Thanks for spilling the coffee, purr. Sorry I can't like, sacrifice tingz.

+1 by CoffeeCow and Malorie

find comfort in the chaos
Master
796 posts
Seen 6th June 2022
22nd September 2020, 10:40 PM

Well done Layla, and excellent report as always lou! <3

Login or join the forums to reply.