18th April 2021

OldCPv16 Proposal

Made by Damen in Feedback

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
18th April 2021, 04:46 PM

When I made OldCP in 2012, it was to re-experience the nostalgia which I had when playing 4 years before in 2008 as a 11 year old (when I joined).

Although I never played in 2006-2007, I still really liked the old version (not sure why, it just inspired me anyway)

Nearly 10 years later in 2021, I want to keep the experience available for anyone to enjoy. Of course, we made our own edits and twists in there over the years, which is not a shameful thing to me.

Ever since I made iOldCP, it was really just a lazy side of me saying 'you guys run it now, im too busy with Penguin3D'... but I don't think thats fair on the game which made P3D possible.

So, with no disrespect to SG and his great work doing what I set him to do as Warden all that time ago, I want to give OldCP more credit than just sitting there dormant. Afterall, its like my baby.

Therefore, I want to 'merge' the two games. That doesn't mean what you think. This is how I see it working

Call it OldCPv16, a continuation of OldCPv15 which we've played for years now.

There will no longer be an Empire or DSGHQ involvement. It will stand INDEPENDENT OF DSGHQ. This is how it will be ruled:

> I, Damen, will be the main owner but won't be as active as the...
> Warden who will run the game but changes each season depending on feedback (and may stay the same)
> Admins who may have DB and/or FS access
> Mods as normal
> All other ranks to be decided on (old ranks may be scrapped or kept, depending on what we want?)
> CZ would depend on how active the game is and the Warden's plans

So, what do you think?

+1 by Flame, Fable, Zaron, Mercer and 13 others

CEO of Lorefiix
Master
2,037 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
18th April 2021, 04:54 PM

Wait, i understand most of this. One thing im curious for is, will current admins, remain admin? Like me?

+1 by Alatar

Quote:
Lol and fart

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
18th April 2021, 04:57 PM

I think this is the best decision, you have two servers right now. One is empty and no one plays but has history, and one is pretty active that is mostly user-run. Being that it is run by the community, but hosted by you, it has some flaws. I am willing to set flaws aside and welcome the merge with open arms. I think that it really should be converted into one. It would fix a lot of activity issues, it would give allowance to new ideas, and bring new things onto the table. If this is going to work, we need to gain the approval and bring members of the old community to return in order to re-gain activity. That's the only chance of the game not dying again. It would really help in elements to convert the two, especially in CZ. From what I know, iOldCP CZ is more Anything Goes than OldCP. I would like a mix of Anything Goes and Order. If we are going to make CZ proper again we'd need to bring back the Crime Office, just how it goes. A redemption at the start or maybe even a full rank reset might also assist in refreshing the populous back. I think another thing would having most xprops turning into transforms to be bought with gold. You did this before but it stopped. It could improve quite far.
That's just what I think about it.

+1 by Damen, Warth, Jesse, Arghh and 2 others

Fable

Valiant

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
18th April 2021, 05:00 PM

harry15514 wrote on 18th April 2021, 04:54 PM:
Wait, i understand most of this. One thing im curious for is, will current admins, remain admin? Like me?

The current db and fs managers would stay, but other mods/admins would be re-selected by me and the Warden

+1 by Alatar, Jesse and Jake01

Banned
405 posts
Seen 31st January 2023
18th April 2021, 05:01 PM

change the current warden of ioldcp

+1 by Arghh, Fable, Xvoid, Alatar and 1 other, -1 by Stryke, SecurityGuy, zenny, Dice and 4 others

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
18th April 2021, 05:29 PM

I don't think it should merge because all of the iOldCP admins's progress would be lost. I think that for the most part, the current iOldCP admin team is good. If you were to merge, just archive the OldCP servers and rename iOldCP to OldCPv16, keeping the entire iOldCP server thing the same.

+1 by SecurityGuy, Stryke, Pic, izuno and 5 others, -1 by Arghh

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
18th April 2021, 05:35 PM

Dice wrote on 18th April 2021, 05:29 PM:
I don't think it should merge because all of the iOldCP admins's progress would be lost. I think that for the most part, the current iOldCP admin team is good. If you were to merge, just archive the OldCP servers and rename iOldCP to OldCPv16, keeping the entire iOldCP server thing the same.
Well I would like to say if he just renames it, it's not a MERGE. It's a REBRAND. Change is good sometimes Dice, It wouldn't be too SUPREME to merge them together, since everyone would still be happy as they already are. I won't JUDGE you on how you think but this is my opinion. Attachment to credibility and ranks isn't really important when a reset is imminent.

+1 by Warth, Arghh and visa

Fable

Valiant

18 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
18th April 2021, 05:37 PM

I completely agree Dice. There has been so much progress in the works for iOldCP in the past 2 weeks. I don't think it is fair to let such work go to waste.

+1 by SecurityGuy, Pic, izuno, Laka and 4 others, -1 by Arghh

Banned
405 posts
Seen 31st January 2023
18th April 2021, 05:37 PM

fable wrote on 18th April 2021, 05:35 PM:
Quote:
Well I would like to say if he just renames it, it's not a MERGE. It's a REBRAND. Change is good sometimes Dice, It wouldn't be too SUPREME to merge them together, since everyone would still be happy as they already are. I won't JUDGE you on how you think but this is my opinion. Attachment to credibility and ranks isn't really important when a reset is imminent.
maybe he doesn't want his Supreme Judge title to be gone

+1 by Fable, Xvoid, Arghh and KSIDeji, -1 by Stryke, izuno, SecurityGuy, zenny and 3 others

Donec mors nos separaveri
1,013 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
18th April 2021, 05:40 PM

No Empire? Does that mean the strongest party will be able to occupy the South?

Also, I'm fine with the game having a Warden, but if we're going to have someone in power which gets changed every season, why not bring the Presidency back?

We can have a Warden and a President. The Warden will be in charge of cz, and the President will be in charge of the government. No Judges though.

+1 by Tommo, Arghh and Fable

Banned
405 posts
Seen 31st January 2023
18th April 2021, 05:42 PM

Orbay wrote on 18th April 2021, 05:40 PM:
No Empire? Does that mean the strongest party will be able to occupy the South?
probably

+1 by Arghh

Banned
405 posts
Seen 31st January 2023
18th April 2021, 05:48 PM

oh is there a redemption for the people who got db and fs?

+1 by Sled and Arghh

livin life
Master
237 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
18th April 2021, 06:06 PM

No❤️

+1 by SecurityGuy, zenny, izuno, lydia and 5 others, -1 by Arghh

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
18th April 2021, 06:29 PM

Honestly people play ioldcp because of how its ran now. If you change that and have control over it, people might not like that. If you want oldcp to be alive again, run this idea but do it completely without ioldcp. People have wanted a oldcp warden for awhile so.. bet it brings people back if you pick the right warden that can be active daily.

+1 by Dice, SecurityGuy, zenny, lydia and 10 others

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
18th April 2021, 06:32 PM

Warth wrote on 18th April 2021, 05:48 PM:
oh is there a redemption for the people who got db and fs?
I don’t think so because he said people that have dB and file server would stay, which makes sense because it’s a hassle to train people with that and also hard to trust people with it as well...

+1 by Stryke

Login or join the forums to reply.