Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st July 2021, 03:04 PM

If you are a mod on DSGHQ games please take a bit of time to read this training

Key word: Restorative Approach

As mods, our job is not just to 'ban', 'kick' and 'warn'. Our job is to be there for the players.

Qualities all mods NEED
- Patience (the most important one)
- Empathy
- Mercy
- Forgiveness
- Confidence
- A level head (no bias)
- None-judgemental
- Humble

Ask yourself, do I enjoy banning people? The answer should be:
NO

Why? We want to avoid that outcome as long as we can. Of course, if a player is breaking the rules extremely, a ban has to take place immediately.

But most situations you will come across are FAR MORE COMPLEX than a user saying the F word.

Restorative Approach

Watch the video first (its only 2 mins)

When players have conflict (it happens all the time), we NEED to:

- Not find the 'victim' or the 'villain' and giving out punishments without trying to patiently repair the issue
- Not judge people
- See past the words or offensive speech and see the person inside
- Not getting hung up on minor details like words said
- Humbly keep our opinions and moral views out of it
- Work with both sides with the goal of fixing the problem

Mods, please comment below if you have read all of this and answer the question: which quality am I good at and which quality do I need to work on?

(Please do not put anything else on your reply here)

+1 by , Killer , Zaron, Flynn and 5 others

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st July 2021, 03:36 PM

Haloween1000 wrote on 31st July 2021, 03:31 PM:
i read all of this and im good at keeping my opinion out of things, but I need to work on not judging people xd

Nice, thats very honest of you

I need to work on having a level head

+1 by Flynn, and Scott

Former Moderator
Master
433 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
31st July 2021, 03:54 PM

read all of this!!

i think i’m slowly getting better at understanding that there’s always two sides to a situation but i still need to practice all of the qualities!

+1 by Damen and rouge
4207bPerlaZenTomEbonLyssAbuNateIanCateJosephPablo

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st July 2021, 03:56 PM

jemi1234 wrote on 31st July 2021, 03:54 PM:
read all of this!!
i think i’m slowly getting better at understanding that there’s always two sides to a situation but i still need to practice all of the qualities!

Excellent reflection. And true, Proverbs 18:17 says
Quote:
The first to state his case seems right,

Until the other party comes and cross-examines him.

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st July 2021, 04:15 PM

i read all of this

i guess im good at most of these aside from 2- mercy and forgiveness. I often let my emotions take over whenever I'm upset and stuff and whenever I feel someone's done me wrong I'm very picky on forgiving them because I remind myself of what they've done and ask myself if it's worth letting them have a second chance. But I'm working on that so yeah.

+1 by rouge
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st July 2021, 04:42 PM

Zendaya2408 wrote on 31st July 2021, 04:15 PM:
i read all of this
i guess im good at most of these aside from 2- mercy and forgiveness. I often let my emotions take over whenever I'm upset and stuff and whenever I feel someone's done me wrong I'm very picky on forgiving them because I remind myself of what they've done and ask myself if it's worth letting them have a second chance. But I'm working on that so yeah.

Thats a brilliant review of yourself, I mean, its one of the hardest things to do when we've been hurt. The thing that helps me to forgive is remembering that if I am to be worthy of being forgiven, I must be willing to do it for others too.

+1 by zenny and Scott

Son of Sun
Master
101 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st July 2021, 06:11 PM

I will take in count all of what you said in this discusion for when conflicts happen in P3D :)

+1 by rouge

Foxel

Son of Sun

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st July 2021, 06:24 PM

I think I need to work on Forgiveness and Confidence

Administrator
144 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st July 2021, 07:02 PM

I think I need to work on patience and forgiveness. It just gets frustrating when the same people you forgive end up not changing their behaviour at all.

In terms of DSGHQ games, on P3D it’s a cycle. The person does something bad, you punish them by, a ban let’s say. They apologise and you forgive them, but they get unbanned just to get in trouble again for similar reasons and that’s when I start losing my patience.

I agree with what zen is saying as well. If someone hurt me personally then it will be harder to forgive them, especially if I trusted that person.

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
31st July 2021, 10:19 PM

i read all of this im good at pretty much everything except getting both sides to work together

+1 by Damen

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st August 2021, 12:29 AM

I have read all of this.

Something I should work on is not being judgemental because sometimes I can definitely be very judgemental depending on who is involved. I am pretty good at forgiveness these days, I have improved on that so much since I first joined the DSGHQ.

+1 by Varai and Damen

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
1st August 2021, 12:57 AM

I read all of this, I am patient but I should work on not judging too quickly

+1 by Damen and Loki

can u see this...
185 posts
Seen 10th June 2023
1st August 2021, 01:11 AM

I read all of this, I feel like I need to work on patience and confidence.

+1 by Foxel
greetings

What are you doing?

Why are you scrolling down?

STOP IT!

STOP THIS INSTANT

ok here are some images then

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st August 2021, 03:52 AM

Foxel7u7 wrote on 31st July 2021, 06:11 PM:
I will take in count all of what you said in this discusion for when conflicts happen in P3D

Im sure you will Foxel, thanks
KiIIer wrote on 1st August 2021, 01:11 AM:
I read all of this, I feel like I need to work on patience and confidence.

Patience is a very mature quality, if you can gain it, you are already 10 years older than your impatient friends :P
Littlemix wrote on 1st August 2021, 12:57 AM:
I read all of this, I am patient but I should work on not judging too quickly

Thats something I used to do all the time. However, there's always more to it than what you hear from one side.
Loki wrote on 1st August 2021, 12:29 AM:
I have read all of this.
Something I should work on is not being judgemental because sometimes I can definitely be very judgemental depending on who is involved. I am pretty good at forgiveness these days, I have improved on that so much since I first joined the DSGHQ.

That is so honest of you, therefore you are going to improve since you have been honest with yourself.
Sleddy wrote on 31st July 2021, 10:19 PM:
i read all of this im good at pretty much everything except getting both sides to work together
For sure, that is where patience comes in! If anyone can be patient, you can, FPOTM winner
Rouge11 wrote on 31st July 2021, 07:02 PM:
I think I need to work on patience and forgiveness. It just gets frustrating when the same people you forgive end up not changing their behaviour at all.
In terms of DSGHQ games, on P3D it’s a cycle. The person does something bad, you punish them by, a ban let’s say. They apologise and you forgive them, but they get unbanned just to get in trouble again for similar reasons and that’s when I start losing my patience.
I agree with what zen is saying as well. If someone hurt me personally then it will be harder to forgive them, especially if I trusted that person.

We're breaking that cycle with this training. Why? Because when someone does something bad, instead of immediately banning, we're going to use the restorative approach first.
Dice wrote on 31st July 2021, 06:24 PM:
I think I need to work on Forgiveness and Confidence

Confidence is a hard one, especially when we are scared of being exposed. The higher qualities of mercy, goodness, kindness etc all grow one's self esteem because when you help grow other people's self esteem, you have great reason to be confident too.

+1 by Scott, Foxel, Loki and Sled

Login or join the forums to reply.