21st February 2023

Seeking: Forums Moderators

Made by Loki in Announcements

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st February 2023, 03:58 PM

There is an opening for two new users to join the DSGHQ Staff Team as Forums Moderators.

Duties include:
  • Helping users.
  • Removing inappropriate content.
  • Warning and banning users when necessary.

Interested in becoming a Forums Moderator?
Apply below!

+1 by zenny, Kara, Ari, Pic and 8 others

Son of Sun
Master
101 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st February 2023, 05:01 PM

2 years in dsghq
spanish lenguaje!!!!!!!!!
semi-active (i think I log almost everyday)
past titless

knight
mod
prince
top dogg
dark lord

+1 by Wheeler, Ari and DaN

Foxel

Son of Sun

stop.
Master
941 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st February 2023, 05:25 PM

Will keep it short but I'd wanna be a mod once more as I'm finding myself more active and involved this year not only on the forums but with other projects.

My experience in ranks includes pretty much every rank on OldCP, and many of these took great responsibility, leadership, and trust. This can include Lord Commander, KC, Det Insp, KOTN, King of Das, etc alongside many more but also Leader of IMPERIAL, to which I helped out Terry a lot administrating a few years back. Alongside being a former forums mod a while back too, I know the rules and responsibilities well and will continue to uphold this on the forums once more.

I'm pretty active as you can see from my overall time and think I'll suit the role well alongside liaising with fellow staff who I previously worked well with both on the forums and other games in the past.

Thanks

+1 by zenny, Kara, Ras, Wheeler and 8 others, -1 by teig

Former MOD
416 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st February 2023, 05:46 PM

Loki wrote on 21st February 2023, 03:58 PM:
There is an opening for two new users to join the DSGHQ Staff Team as Forums Moderators.
Duties include:
Helping users.
Removing inappropriate content.
Warning and banning users when necessary.
Interested in becoming a Forums Moderator?
Apply below!

Hi, I am writing to express my interest in working as a Forums Moderator. As a passionate gamer myself, I understand the importance of maintaining a safe and PG community for all members.

I have a bunch of experience in online moderation as I have moderated in the past and moderate IOLDCP and OLDCP currently. In my previous moderation jobs and current ones, I have worked to ensure that people have fun and follow rules.

As a Forums Moderator, I would take my obligation seriously like I always have and strive to uphold the standards of the DSGHQ community. I am very active, and I am usually available to help users with any questions or concerns they may have.

Thank you for the opportunity to possibly join the forums staff team. I look forward to the opportunity to contribute to the DSGHQ Staff Team and help maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for all members as it currently is.

+1 by Jesse and Sled, -1 by DaN
Best Regards,
Ari,
https://imgur.com/DKo2Qfg

The Great
Master
1,520 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st February 2023, 08:56 PM

I am also interested in applying for the forums moderator position.

I’ve been a forums member since 2013 (10 years now), i’ve learned the ins and outs of the community, I have also been a forums Moderator twice in the past. I have recently become more active in the forums, and I have a passion for leadership, guiding others, community building, respect, and the community values themselves. I have had many Moderator ranks on OldCP as well, and although in the forums, there is less aspects of Moderating compared to the many rule breakers in the past on OldCP, it is still important to make sure everyone is following our values and rules, having fun, and more importantly, always feeling welcomed in our community. Although this isn’t a manager position and most of my experience consists with administrative ranks and managerial/leadership positions, I would still do what I can as a Moderator and make and perform the most out of the role, complying with fellow Moderators and Administration to keep everyone feeling safe from rule breakers.

Thank you.

+1 by Sled, Tommo, Ari, Kara and 3 others

OldCP Administrator
Master
233 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st February 2023, 09:00 PM

Jesse wrote on 21st February 2023, 08:56 PM:
I’ve been a forums member since 2013, i’ve learned the ins and outs of the community, I have also been a forums Moderator twice in the past. I have recently become more active in the forums, and I have a passion for leadership, guiding others, community building, respect, and the community values themselves. I have had many Moderator ranks on OldCP as well, and although in the forums, there is less aspects of Moderating compared to the many rule breakers in the past on OldCP, it is still important to make sure everyone is following our values and rules, having fun, and more importantly, always feeling welcomed in our community. Although this isn’t a manager position and most of my experience consists with administrative ranks and managerial/leadership positions, I would still do what I can as a Moderator and make and perform the most out of the role, complying with fellow Moderators and Administration to keep everyone feeling safe from rule breakers.
Thank you.

+1 by Jesse

DOOM
253 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st February 2023, 09:03 PM

ill be a forums mod
I am currently: Warden of LEORPG
i was:
KOTN
Det SGT
OldCP and Penguin 3D Mod
Det
PW
Wise One
Moth Priest
Imperial Knight
War Knight
Moth Priest
Moth Ninja

+1 by Ari, Jesse and kace
s

Former MOD
416 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd February 2023, 06:47 AM

Jesse wrote on 21st February 2023, 08:56 PM:
I’ve been a forums member since 2013 (10 years now), i’ve learned the ins and outs of the community, I have also been a forums Moderator twice in the past. I have recently become more active in the forums, and I have a passion for leadership, guiding others, community building, respect, and the community values themselves. I have had many Moderator ranks on OldCP as well, and although in the forums, there is less aspects of Moderating compared to the many rule breakers in the past on OldCP, it is still important to make sure everyone is following our values and rules, having fun, and more importantly, always feeling welcomed in our community. Although this isn’t a manager position and most of my experience consists with administrative ranks and managerial/leadership positions, I would still do what I can as a Moderator and make and perform the most out of the role, complying with fellow Moderators and Administration to keep everyone feeling safe from rule breakers.
Thank you.
Well said!

+1 by Jesse
Best Regards,
Ari,
https://imgur.com/DKo2Qfg

shutup
Master
586 posts
Seen 24th October 2021
23rd February 2023, 05:15 PM

i have zero hours

+1 by kat , DaN, Ari, Kara and 1 other

cute
Master
719 posts
Seen 23rd February 2023
23rd February 2023, 09:04 PM

zes wrote on 23rd February 2023, 05:15 PM:
i have zero hours
I believe you're the most qualified

+1 by Ari, Bailey and Zes

564 posts
Seen 25th March 2023
24th February 2023, 05:58 AM

I’d like to apply for forums moderator.
I believe I’m fit for this role considering my activeness in the forums, and I have skills adapt for moderating and working in a social setting.
Considering my past experience, I’ve been a news reporter and an imperial knight, which shows how I’ve constantly worked with the community and been actively participating on the forums and in-game since 2014.
I build myself on strong, firm values that align themselves with the community, and I’ve always focused on making experiences better and more comfortable for everyone involved, and as a Forums Moderator, I will do that and more to provide for the safety and well-being of all against rule-breakers.
I work well in teams, I’ve constantly surrounded myself with groups of people and work well with them, so working alongside the moderator and admin forums team will be easy and efficient.
Important to note I am fluent in 3 languages, all of them being commonly spoke languages around the DamenSpike community, so communicating with people is easy and important for me as a Forums Moderator.
Thank you for considering my application! :)

+1 by Tommo and Kara
i forgor

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
24th February 2023, 06:01 AM

First and foremost, g'luck to anyone & everyone who is considering applying!

However, in my opinion, I believe given the current volume of active users, would it really be necessary? The DSGHQ no longer reaches those pinnacle numbers anymore, and the possibility of us receiving an influx of "new users" is extremely unlikely given how the community as a whole is aging out, and many "older users" are simply moving on... I believe the current Administrator to Moderator ratio seems appealing, and I sincerely believe that the current staff here on the DSGHQ can handle all activity on their own. That is why I was so willing to give up my position, as it really just felt like a redundant spot to fill.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I would like to state my opinion regardless (legit running on no sleep and felt compelled to come on here, lol). If the DSGHQ was once more active, this discussion and outreach would seem needed, but frankly, I really don't believe that this community is going any higher than it already is currently, I believe the numbers will continue to dwindle in the wind. And the fact that applications can be submitted "down below" truly speaks volumes here, the seriousness of applying for a DSGHQ position is nowhere near what it used to be, sadly. Again, I could be wrong! Whatever the case, best of luck to all of those really looking at earning said position! :)

+1 by Jacks , Mirrikh, Kara and Zes
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Menace to Society
Banned
288 posts
Seen 27th May 2023
24th February 2023, 06:52 AM

sarabareille wrote on 24th February 2023, 06:01 AM:
First and foremost, g'luck to anyone & everyone who is considering applying!
However, in my opinion, I believe given the current volume of active users, would it really be necessary? The DSGHQ no longer reaches those pinnacle numbers anymore, and the possibility of us receiving an influx of "new users" is extremely unlikely given how the community as a whole is aging out, and many "older users" are simply moving on... I believe the current Administrator to Moderator ratio seems appealing, and I sincerely believe that the current staff here on the DSGHQ can handle all activity on their own. That is why I was so willing to give up my position, as it really just felt like a redundant spot to fill.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I would like to state my opinion regardless (legit running on no sleep and felt compelled to come on here, lol). If the DSGHQ was once more active, this discussion and outreach would seem needed, but frankly, I really don't believe that this community is going any higher than it already is currently, I believe the numbers will continue to dwindle in the wind. And the fact that applications can be submitted "down below" truly speaks volumes here, the seriousness of applying for a DSGHQ position is nowhere near what it used to be, sadly. Again, I could be wrong! Whatever the case, best of luck to all of those really looking at earning said position!
Yeah fr we could've used this amount of mods back in the day when the community was actually big but now it seems like we have a bloated bureaucracy for what purpose? There's nothing to moderate besides trolling that takes place every 2-4 weeks

+1 by Scott
Own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the founding fathers intended.

Login or join the forums to reply.