24th May 2023

DSGHQ Shutting Down

Made by Damen in Announcements

P3D Knight
Rookie
4 posts
Seen 27th July 2023
24th May 2023, 03:53 PM

nao vejo motivo pra escrever em inglês já que tudo que vou dizer vai ser só pra quem me conheceu e foi meu amigo:
valeu.
eu cresci com vocês, com esses jogos. Foram partes cruciais do fim da minha infância e da minha adolescência, definitivamente não seria a mesma pessoa de hoje sem o pessoal que eu joguei por muito tempo. Tomamos caminhos diferentes, mas todos vocês são parte da minha vida, principalmente o Victor, Loeco, Zpheal/Hour, Freddy, e esse povo aí.
Foram anos divertidos e anos que eu realmente fui muito feliz mesmo com tantos problemas.
Eu adoro vocês, e por mais que eu não jogue, ver que tudo isso vai acabar me deixa meio triste.

beijao

+1 by Damen, DaN, Zaron, Ari and 3 others

56 posts
Seen 16th July 2023
24th May 2023, 03:53 PM

I met some of my best friends in here, and I'm very grateful for that

Truly had a great time in here, I could never forget this awesome community and those lots of fun I've experienced

Thank you for everything, Damen

Keep going!

+1 by Damen, Bailey, Gamer, Foxel and 6 others
Creeper, aw man, so we go back in the mine, grab our pickaxe swingin' out side to side, side, side to side, this task a grueling one, hope to find some diamonds tonight, night, night, diamons tonight, heads up, you hear a sound, turn around, and look up, total shock, fills your body, oh no it's you again, i can never forget those eyes, eyes, eyes. Eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes, cause baby tonight, the creepers tryin' to steal all our stuff again, cause baby tonight, grab your pick shovel and bolt again, bolt again, and run run, until it's done done, until the sun comes up in the morn', cause baby tonight, the creepers tryin' to steal all our stuff again, stuff again, just when you think you're safe, overear some hissing from right behind, right, right behind, that's a nice life you have, shame it's gotta end this time, time time time, time, time time time, blows up, then your health bar drops, and you could use one up, get inside, don't be tardy, so know you're stuck in these half, a heart is left, but don't die, die, die, die , die, die, die, cause baby tonight, the creepers tryin' to steal all our stuff again, cause baby tonight, your grab, your pick shovel and bolt again, bolt again, and run, run, until it's done, done, until the sun comes up in the morn', cause baby tonight, the creepers tryin' to steal all our stuff again, Mc creepers, you're mine, haha, dig up diamonds, craft those diamonds, make some armor, get it baby, go and forge that like, you so mlg pro, the sword's made of diamond, so come at me bro, huh?, training in your room, under the torchlight, hone that form, to get you ready, for the big fight, every single day, and the whole day, creepers out prowlin', alright, look at me, look at you, take my revenge, that's what i'm gonna do, i'm a warrior baby, what else is new, and my blade's gonna tear through you, bring it, cause baby tonight, the creepers tryin' to steal all our stuff again, gather your stuff, yeah, let's take back the world, yeah baby, tonight, grab your sword, armor and go (it's on), take your revenge (whoo) ooooo'o, so fight, fight, like it's the last, last, night, of your life, life, show them your bite (whoo), cause baby tonight, the creepers tryin' to steal all our stuff again, cause baby tonight, you grab your pick shovel, and bolt again, bolt again gain, woo, and run, run, until it's done, done, until the sun comes up in the morn', cause baby tonight, come on swing your sword up high, the creepers tryin' to steal all our stuff again, come on, jab your sword down low, woo.

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th May 2023, 04:02 PM

I'm going to react to all of these replies during the 10th anniversary livestream. Thank you all so much for your replies so far, they're incredible in many different ways. 🥹

+1 by Scott, Bailey, Gamer, Flame and 13 others

Former MOD
416 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th May 2023, 04:10 PM

It's Disney Canada interactive studios all over again.
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAS COME TO THIS. 😢😢

+1 by Bailey, Damen, rami, Foxel and 1 other
Best Regards,
Ari,
https://imgur.com/DKo2Qfg

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
24th May 2023, 04:16 PM

It’s been a true pleasure to be a part of this community for such a long time, I have seen and accomplished so much within this community. This community will always have a special place in my heart, and I will never forget about it, or the countless memories made!

I have made lifelong friendships because of this community; and I couldn’t be more thankful. Thank you, Damen, and everyone of that matter for making the DSGHQ memorable!

+1 by Bailey, Gamer, Flame, Foxel and 11 others
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

cheto
Rookie
5 posts
Seen 23rd July 2023
24th May 2023, 04:58 PM

Damen wrote on 24th May 2023, 01:48 PM:
Please keep this discussion pinned
Dear friends and players of DSGHQ,
After nearly 10 long and lovely years of DSGHQ- especially OldCP, Snaildom and Penguin3D, the time has come to end the DSGHQ.
Reveal Spoiler
User counts have dropped, and although we all love the games, we are all growing up and can't spend enough time playing them anymore. Rather than log in to empty game constantly feeling sad, lets give it the send off it deserves!
Forums Closing Down On 10TH Anniversary (August 31st 2023)
These forums will go into archive mode, where you will still be able to view content but no new content can be made.
I will do a livestream on this day (date and time likely 5 PM EST August 31st) on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/DamenSpikeGamesHQ which will be the last livestream
Penguin3D Closing Down On 5TH Anniversary (October 8th 2023)
Penguin3D game servers will go offline. However, if people want it enough, I will keep one server online for one day a week and CZ can continue on that day only. Otherwise it will go off completely.
OldCP
OldCP will not shut down at all because of my promise that I made years ago: to never shut OldCP down.
Discord servers
All the discord servers will shut down apart from OldCP's. A new simpler P3D discord will be made, but only if we keep the game online for 1 day a week.
This might be the end of the community as we know it, but the community will never truly end. The memories will go on forever, especially in my heart.
Reveal Spoiler
Future of Damen
- I am still making new games. I am working on a new game right now, and will release it on a separate website.
- I will likely call my new game community Spike Games.
- The game I am making however is nothing like penguin3d or oldcp, its a cycling game. (Hey stop yawning!)
- I just like making games that I would want to play, and because this kind of game doesn't exist yet, I'm making it!
Thank you
I am undyingly grateful and honored to have had you play my games, and that it has made a lasting impact on your lives, one that I hope will be with you forever.
I am the luckiest CPPS pirate out there, because it meant I met you.
This is sad, i've been playing this game for 2 years, almost 3. although it's kind of a short time, a lot of stuff had happend, and i got to make a bunch of new friends. I'll miss u and my friends, and i hope you'll be doing amazing in the future :)

+1 by Bailey, Damen, Ari, rami and 1 other

B19 BOY
Master
2,048 posts
Seen 28th August 2023
24th May 2023, 05:05 PM

I never thought this day would come and coming from me I've been in the community since I was a little kid, that hyper kid I once was... was a menace in the community once despised by you but eventually after cooking up so much trouble in the community, you offered me a chance to return and fix my behaviour and mend my ways and I thank you for that. As a community we've created so many memories together and you've watched us all grow up, back in the days we were all little children and You and Chelsey were literally the adults along with other people like Wheeler etc.

Time just flies too quick... not getting any younger, always gonna be getting older I'll be turning 21 too in a week and 5 days

Your games made my childhood better, because they were an escape for me growing up as a child because my childhood was taken from me due to things going on in my household but coming online to your games after school was always a thrill for me.

Thank you for everything you have done for us especially for all you've done for me and I don't know how I can repay you for that you've done for me all these years. Keep in touch if you still wish to, I'd like that very much, you know where to find me whenever you want to talk.

+1 by Foxel, Flame, SecurityGuy, Tommo and 18 others

Son of Sun
Master
101 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th May 2023, 05:25 PM

Made some true friends on here, such as Flame, Bag, Dan (ito), Rouge and many more that are not around. I never thought this day would arrive I mean I have been in the community for 3 years and I would have liked to spend more time with the DSGHQ community since I feel I didn't really feel like someone "remarkable" in this one. Thank you for all of those days full of fun, making this community mark my childhood and adolescence for the eternity (also because thanks to this game I learned very much about English expressions and grammar). You are a part of my heart.

+1 by Flame, Wheeler, DaN, Bailey and 6 others

Foxel

Son of Sun

Off the deep end
Master
515 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th May 2023, 05:40 PM

Ah beans

GOOD THING I MADE MY 9TH BIRTHDAY POST CAUSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO MAKE A 10TH!!

+1 by SecurityGuy, Foxel, Damen, Ari and 4 others
On strike

OG ?
Master
1,498 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
24th May 2023, 05:51 PM

felt like yesterday that i was rushing home from primary school to log onto oldcp to talk w friends - honest, those were the happiest moments of my life so thank u damen

i have become friends with the coolest people because of this site - friends that are in different timezones, countries, that speak different languages etc. and the fact that i still talk to people from here to this day is CRAZY.

especially through covid, i remember going on oldcp messing about with friends on there and being a genuine source of entertainment after months of being locked away from irl friends and school (even p3d i only was active last year ish and it was really fun LOL)
so many good memories on here, i still remember the thrill of receiving 'master' rank on here for the first time, wanting to get my reputation to at least 1k, trying to get all the badges on here to look cool. i was apart of this community for nearly 10 years it really doesnt feel like 10 years, safe to say if i ever see anything penguin or shrek related in real life my mind will always associate this community to it LOL cant wait to tell my kids about how i would roleplay as a reindeer on a pirated club penguin site

it genuinely is so strange to think of how just one site and community has impacted my life so much, i met some of the coolest people i know on this site and have learned sooooooo much from everyone and everything on here. i always think of how my life would have turned out if i hadn't stumbled upon oldcp and met the people i have (prob a lot more depressing than it already is). its nice to know that even if i never spoke to some people on here we all were apart of the same community and i hope everyone in this small community succeeds in everything that they do in the future :D

shout out to zin jake01fromoldcp baffed tommo trixie grounder teig arona gamer boppy28 nunca trolencio my son ayancito ollo frame hashtag love 4 my homies even if we dont speak i am still so grateful to have had conversations with you :')

GOODBYE DSGHQ

+1 by arona, Loki, Tommo, Bailey and 10 others

337 posts
Seen 6th July 2023
24th May 2023, 05:56 PM

goodbye all now you can all finally go outside and touch grass after many long years

thx for making this game i met my closest friends on here such as my wife teig or in the old days you would say… Sparka. and my grandma rasberry the reindeer and also our spiritual holy saviour frame aka whiz159 and also i met my first love on here kevin aka foxycp and me and warda fought over him and then i WON LOL! and we got married then he got banned :( Anyway I am so sad DSGHQ is shutting down I love it more than I love Pie XD >_<

+1 by Ras, 1kutya, teig, Loki and 10 others

DJ
Master
2,814 posts
Seen 24th May 2023
24th May 2023, 05:58 PM

Damnnnnnnn

It's been quite the journey, but we really do need to move on and close this chapter of our lives - we should be happy it happened though, cos I wouldn't have met some of my most closest friends if it wasn't for this community.

Time really does fly, I still remember rushing out of bed in like year 5 and hopping on oldcp and then spending my evenings creating THE BEST NEWSPAPER EVER THE POOKIE STANDARD

anyways best of luck to everyone, cant wait to see us go big and have nardwar reference the dsghq when he interviews us at some stage loool

(Come to pwc and lets make a dsghq community)

+1 by Wheeler, Tommo, Gamer, Kara and 9 others

Saviour of Dunes
Master
524 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th May 2023, 05:59 PM

I am thankful for everything you done Damen, I had so much fan being apart of the community and really enjoyed playing OLDCP & P3D during the end of my childhood, but anything comes to an end.

Goodbye DSGHQ.

+1 by Foxel, Bailey, Damen, Ari and 5 others

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th May 2023, 06:06 PM

I've met a lot of long term friends on this community so it stings a lot that it is closing soon enough. But that's how life is. Thank you for the years. I was 10 when this forums was first made and now I'm 20. Crazy how life flies

+1 by jackie, rami, Wheeler, Tommo and 12 others
"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

The Guy From Boston
Master
1,779 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th May 2023, 06:08 PM

Im not gonna lie i grew up with this community and dont regret it 1 bit

Thx for making my childhood Damen

+1 by Foxel, Wheeler, Tommo, Gamer and 10 others

Login or join the forums to reply.