24th May 2023

DSGHQ Shutting Down

Made by Damen in Announcements

your uber driver
Master
1,538 posts
Seen 31st May 2023
30th May 2023, 01:05 PM

i’m bummed to hear this, but this is a totally justifiable decision. it’s ran its course.

i joined back in 2013. dsghq was honestly like an internet gateway drug for me. it introduced me to xat, which opened up a whole wormhole of experiences i had as a child online. i realized i could have online friends who i could actually be friends with, instead of just sending random people on club penguin heart emoticons, talking to them for 15 minutes, then never hearing from them again. this was a proper community. it was a group of people from all around the world who would log in consistently to connect over our mutual interest of club penguin, and as a 12 year old with no real life worth mentioning outside of my computer, that was a real thrill for me.

i grew up on here, like many users. i don’t know why i chose this corner of the internet to grow up on, but i’m glad i did. i’m so glad, and i don’t regret any of it.

best of luck damen. as always, i can’t wait to see what you do next.

+1 by Damen, Narcissa, Kara, Loki and 4 others
so long, goodbye, and good luck.

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st May 2023, 05:54 AM

Frozo wrote on 30th May 2023, 01:05 PM:
i’m bummed to hear this, but this is a totally justifiable decision. it’s ran its course.
i joined back in 2013. dsghq was honestly like an internet gateway drug for me. it introduced me to xat, which opened up a whole wormhole of experiences i had as a child online. i realized i could have online friends who i could actually be friends with, instead of just sending random people on club penguin heart emoticons, talking to them for 15 minutes, then never hearing from them again. this was a proper community. it was a group of people from all around the world who would log in consistently to connect over our mutual interest of club penguin, and as a 12 year old with no real life worth mentioning outside of my computer, that was a real thrill for me.
i grew up on here, like many users. i don’t know why i chose this corner of the internet to grow up on, but i’m glad i did. i’m so glad, and i don’t regret any of it.
best of luck damen. as always, i can’t wait to see what you do next.

❤️😢

+1 by Kara, Bailey and TerryDJ

Rookie
1 posts
Seen 2nd June 2023
1st June 2023, 05:22 PM

Saw your video on your YouTube channel - I find it remarkable that you've still been curating these games for all of these years. Thanks for making OldCP, SnailsChat and a whole bunch of other CPPSes for us all to enjoy. You inspired me to get into coding & programming - I still have vivid memories of trying to figure out how to setup my own CPPS!

~Keanu72 signing out.

+1 by Damen

honeymoon
Master
150 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd June 2023, 08:01 AM

oh wow

+1 by Tommo, Foxel, Bailey and Damen
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

don’t get lippy
Rookie
2 posts
Seen 14th August 2023
2nd June 2023, 09:11 AM

good luck with whatever you do mate <3

+1 by Bailey and Damen
wooden bowl

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
2nd June 2023, 04:03 PM

I know it's sad, but all good things must come to an end. We've all had an amazing time here and there's moments that I wouldn't trade for the world. Damen, I thank you for the great people you've introduced me to and the generous opportunities you have given me. It's been a privilege. Good luck with wherever your life takes you next.

+1 by Foxel, Bailey, Kara, TerryDJ and 2 others

Rookie
1 posts
Seen 3rd June 2023
2nd June 2023, 10:43 PM

Crazy

+1 by Damen

frozo<3
Master
1,701 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd June 2023, 02:15 AM

Thank you for making so much of my childhood <3

+1 by Foxel, Bailey, Kara, TerryDJ and 1 other
Epic signature from thisismyname Cool signature from Cheep! Cool sig from Bella

xx
Master
1,573 posts
Seen 4th August 2023
4th June 2023, 07:18 PM

Thank you for everything sir Damen :) time flies..

+1 by Tommo, Bailey, Kara, TerryDJ and 1 other

¿
30 posts
Seen 9th August 2023
4th June 2023, 07:55 PM

I remember this game like 3 years, i will really miss this game! i improved my English here! (my native language is Spanish), i also remember old good friends i made, beautiful moments we had. Thanks, Damen for making P3D a game that the most enjoyed, this really touched my heart, good luck with your life!

+1 by Loki, Foxel, DaN, Bailey and 2 others

1,137 posts
Seen 14th August 2023
5th June 2023, 03:59 PM

laters

+1 by Bailey, TerryDJ and Damen

The One and Only.
282 posts
Seen 15th June 2023
10th June 2023, 03:53 PM

Thank you for everything you have given us! <3

I never thought this day would come and I am emotional writing this right now. When I found this game back in 2013, it immediately caught my attention. I continued to play and learned so much about this game and this community. Over the years, I have truly met some amazing people and have made some great memories with everyone. When I look back at how much time I spent playing this, I have no regrets. I found this game when I was about 10 years old and now I am 20, turning 21 in October, 2023. I can proudly say I grew up playing this game and I wish that more people would have been able to experience this like me as a kid. One of my favorite memories on this game was becoming a Detective and having a role in Crime zone. I will forever remember these moments as they truly made my childhood, and I am sure everyone else can say the same.

Words cannot describe how thankful I am for everyone here. I will forever remember this community and this game for the rest of my life. I haven't been as active these past few years, but I continue to think about everyone and their well-being.

Although DSGHQ will be closing, I will try my best to check in with everyone time to time, even with my busy life right now. My plans are to go to Law school soon and become an attorney. No matter how busy I get, if anyone would like to reach out and talk, my DMs are open <3 You can reach me on Discord, _Kricken. I wish everyone the best of luck with their lives and I pray that everyone continues to live a long and healthy life <3 Thank you again! <3 God bless you all :)

+1 by Bailey, TerryDJ, Narcissa, Damen and 1 other

Master
1,349 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
13th June 2023, 07:49 PM

I really don't know where to begin..

My heart aches for my younger self and companions. I have no words to describe how deeply I love this community and the memories I have created during my time here. I remember being an internet-loving 10 year old scouting the web for new games every single day. My search ended when I stumbled upon Oldcp and the DSGHQ family.

Soon I will be 20 years old.. that's crazy to say.

I would give anything to go back in time and experience all the fun we had here. When I think back to my childhood, I ALWAYS reminisce all the moments we had, growing and connecting together. I remember, even when I had been on vacation in a country with a completely different timezone, I never failed to join and indulge in the activities that were set for that day. Besides all the fun, I credit this community for allowing me to explore and build on necessary skills to thrive: determination - from my intital strong desire to be an "imperial knight", communication - all the memorable conversations, leadership - always resolving and aiding others, creativity - crimezone and roles, love - all of you.

Damen, thank you for all you have done. Your brilliant mind and efforts are seen and appreciated. Thank you for utilizing your talent and passion of game-creating to bring your imagination to life. You have given us a platform to remember forever. You are the reason. We love you.

To my friends, I remember each and every one of you. Our time together will never be forgotten. I love you.

To the rest of the DSGHQ community, thank you for the memories and making my childhood. I love you.

As my profile says,
DSGHQ will always be my online home.

Thank you.

+1 by SecurityGuy, zenny, Bailey, Damen and 2 others
Below are the only pictures of mine that remain from the past..

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n463/textspace/lcd/lcd_7.swf?w=400&h=46&c=1&spd=2&b=2&t=Imperial Knight]quality=high wmode=transparent width=400 height=46[/flash]

Hey! Check out my Imperial Knight Application! Link:
http://forums.damenspike.com/view/44380/

Thank you, Glimmer! It's awesome!

Thanks you! THANK YOU SO MUCH TASHA!

Thanks, Mal! It's fab, like you!

Lemon, from now and on I will ask you to make the pixel letters! :D

Thanks for visiting.. come again! <3

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
14th June 2023, 03:55 AM

Milkshake9 wrote on 13th June 2023, 07:49 PM:
My heart aches for my younger self and companions. I have no words to describe how deeply I love this community and the memories I have created during my time here. I remember being an internet-loving 10 year old scouting the web for new games every single day. My search ended when I stumbled upon Oldcp and the DSGHQ family.
I would give anything to go back in time and experience all the fun we had here. When I think back to my childhood, I ALWAYS reminisce all the moments we had, growing and connecting together. I remember, even when I had been on vacation in a country with a completely different timezone, I never failed to join and indulge in the activities that were set for that day. Besides all the fun, I credit this community for allowing me to explore and build on necessary skills to thrive: determination - from my strong desire to be an "imperial knight", communication - all the memorable conversations, leadership - always resolving and aiding others, creativity - crimezone and roles, love - all of you.
Damen, thank you for all you have done. Your brilliant mind and efforts are seen and appreciated. Thank you for utilizing your talent and passion of game-creating to bring your imagination to life. You have given us a platform to remember forever. You are the reason. We love you.
To my friends, I remember each and every one of you. Our time together will never be forgotten. I love you.
To the rest of the DSGHQ community, thank you for the memories and making my childhood. I love you.
As my profile says,
Thank you.

That was beautiful, thank you Milkshake 🥹

+1 by Bailey and Milkshake

Master
1,349 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
14th June 2023, 10:57 PM

Damen wrote on 14th June 2023, 03:55 AM:
Quote:
Milkshake9 wrote on 13th June 2023, 07:49 PM:
I would give anything to go back in time and experience all the fun we had here. When I think back to my childhood, I ALWAYS reminisce all the moments we had, growing and connecting together. I remember, even when I had been on vacation in a country with a completely different timezone, I never failed to join and indulge in the activities that were set for that day. Besides all the fun, I credit this community for allowing me to explore and build on necessary skills to thrive: determination - from my strong desire to be an "imperial knight", communication - all the memorable conversations, leadership - always resolving and aiding others, creativity - crimezone and roles, love - all of you.
As my profile says,
Thank you.
That was beautiful, thank you Milkshake 🥹

No, thank you. <3

+1 by SecurityGuy and Damen
Below are the only pictures of mine that remain from the past..

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n463/textspace/lcd/lcd_7.swf?w=400&h=46&c=1&spd=2&b=2&t=Imperial Knight]quality=high wmode=transparent width=400 height=46[/flash]

Hey! Check out my Imperial Knight Application! Link:
http://forums.damenspike.com/view/44380/

Thank you, Glimmer! It's awesome!

Thanks you! THANK YOU SO MUCH TASHA!

Thanks, Mal! It's fab, like you!

Lemon, from now and on I will ask you to make the pixel letters! :D

Thanks for visiting.. come again! <3

Login or join the forums to reply.