6th January 2014

owner of posts can delete replys?

Made by ian in Suggestions

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
6th January 2014, 10:42 PM

hi guys i thought that mabey the owner of a post can delete a reply of there post! heres a little example! lets say dice made a post about chicken and how great it is! then sadie comes along and replys MILK AND COOKIES!!! something like that! and dice doesent like that so he deletes the reply! this could help tone down drama. idk i thought of this so i hope one day this becomes a feature

+1 by May23, OoBubblesoO, Mike676, Sophie and 8 others, -1 by PenguinDSC, Hashir, Mycroft and Izzy

2,325 posts
Seen 2nd November 2015
6th January 2014, 10:46 PM

This would be good, but I think you should leave that to the Moderators. Some people, (not saying all) might abuse that. But, it is a nice suggestion, so +1

+1 by Hashir, Dice and GirlyGirly

Everythings not lost
Master
1,280 posts
Seen 12th March 2020
6th January 2014, 10:49 PM

Yes this is a good post, but try not to include names. It could hurt someone's feelings instead say something like [Someone] replys milk and cookies, or (Name here) replys milk and cookies. You could report it to a moderator and ask if they could delete it, and give them a reason why. Great post. :3 +1

+1 by GirlyGirly

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities.

Master
919 posts
Seen 2nd March 2016
6th January 2014, 11:30 PM

Love the idea,but people can abuse this.For example: Someone makes a post like "This person is bullying" and they have no proof,and someone replys to it and has proof of that person thay made the discussionis bad then the User who made that discussion will delete the proof that he or she was bullying. You see my point? But this is a good suggestion

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
7th January 2014, 02:14 AM

I do like your suggestion, but it's what moderators are here for. If there is a reply you don't like, all you need to do Is report it to a moderator.

Going down the lines of abusing, I think gelousy can lead to it. If you make a discussion, and then somebody comments and gets double the amount of likes, the comment might be deleted due to gelousy; making the user that commented lose those likes. This would lead to drama.

Thanks for reading, nice suggestion! -Archieve on!-

+1 by Sunset, Key, Hashir, GirlyGirly and 2 others

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

Master
1,761 posts
Seen 22nd December 2022
7th January 2014, 08:21 AM

I don't think of this as a good idea. What would be the point of making discussions if you are problay going to delete all of their posts. I think with great power comes great responsibility. And the mods could just hide the innapropiate posts like they do now. Sorry but I disagree with your idea :(

+1 by GirlyGirly and Archie

~Wanna be my friend? Subscribe to #KeyFriends
~Do you wanna tryout for the Freehawks? Subscribe to #Freehawks
~Goals:
-Become Forum Mod
-Become OldCP Mod. (When it comes back).
-Reach 3,000 posts by the end of the year.
-More go as soon.

691 posts
Seen 7th May 2015
7th January 2014, 09:16 AM

It's a good idea. But also don't delete, delete, and more delete posts. Only delete posts that is not helpful, or bad/spam post.

+1 by GirlyGirly
Loading Swag.. 0% ██████] 100%

GIFs/Signatures Credited to Polarmanax

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
7th January 2014, 10:16 AM

I am sorry, but I do not like the idea at all. Like Archie said, this is what the staff is here for. Regular people cannot be that much trusted if they had that power, because then everyone could use it, and abuse it. Yes, things can get out of hand, but Mods and Admins do this because they have the responsibility, and are trusted with their powers. Besides, proof can be deleted for no good reason, posts can be deleted for fun, posts could be deleted without permission, posts could be deleted so that no one sees that persons post, posts can be deleted to make drama. My point is, Staff powers stay with the staff, only with the staff, the most trusted. Sure people could delete posts on their discussion, but people want to see actual EVIDENCE that something happened, and deleting the proof would be bad... Power comes with responsibility, with the trusted people, ones who you know won't abuse their powers. Staff powers should ONLY be available to the staff, who are the most trusted with their powers. I do not think that anyone except the people who try to keep the site safe and the people who run the site should have that power. Someone could delete a post from jealousy, when someone is jealous of a post, and deletes it.

I do NOT like this suggestion at all, sorry. I think that only the staff should use it, because it is used with a wise responsibility, and trust.

Dream On!
~PenguinDSC~

+1 by Starrah, Hashir, Dice, GirlyGirly and 9 others, -1 by ian

Login or join the forums to reply.