it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Humour Split? • 10th May 2021, 10:56 PM

I don't think it is possible to remove politics from here as simple as that, because it simply ignores the fact that currently many political struggles happen through the web. Saying "lets stop with the imposing of morals on others" is a moral affirmative itself, because it presuposses that people have the moral right to follow morality they want to. It seems to me, Damen, that your position here is an attempt to contain the conflict by pleasing the two sides of it, rather than solving the situation.
The proper answer to this situation is not simple, but I am sure that it involves a close attention to the community rules and values which all of us stand for, rather than the aspirations of particular groups.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in My last opinion. • 25th May 2020, 09:20 PM

uh it's not really about the "both parts" involved, even if you and friend think it's funny.
simply, joking about sexuality isn't ok. it doesn't matter if you and your friend think it is, it's not about consent.
i hope you understand this.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Goodbye -Lloyd • 12th April 2020, 03:20 PM

adawg wrote on 12th April 2020, 02:02 PM:
Dude, I'm gonna be honest with you, if you can't take the heat that comes with having a job, then don't take it. Yeah you know, people could be scum bags and I admit I was a little bit of a scumbag to you as well, but that's just what comes with being a staff member, especially in a community like this. You're gonna be criticized for what you do, people are gonna think that it's not good enough, and sometimes they are right, you can't just quit because of it. You need to not be soft and take into consideration what people are telling you, maybe step back and think to yourself "are they right?" "What can I do to change how I'm doing my job?". Yeah, life's hard and people are gonna be hard as hell on you, no matter where you are in life and no matter where you go. You can't just quit because of mean words or criticism. Take it like a man and try to better yourself from it.
But I hope you find what you're looking for in life. Learn to grow tough skin and you'll be just fine.

Oh no, I'm sorry but I can't agree with you here. I don't think that I experienced the "heat". I believe I have experienced something that no one would like to go through. The "scum bags", as you say, are mainly the ones complaining about how this community is dying because of its toxicity, but they foolishly don't notice that they're causing it. Being a Staff member is constructing a safe and ethical environment for people, I don't think I can do that if I'm immerse in such uncomfortable and toxic conditions, you can't create something good out of that.
I know that I'll be criticized for my decisions but usually I only receive destructive criticism. Some users have spoken to my privately about my mistakes and I apologized to them. None of them, however, thought that spreading "LLOYD4DEMOTE" in popular would result in any chances. That's not criticism, that's just virulent toxicity. I'm not being "soft", I'm just being myself, and I do take in consideration what they tell me, which is why I am quitting.
Also I don't know why you're being sexist at the point of saying to "take it like a man". I don't know why my gender should be in question and I do not understand why males aren't able to express emotions or feelings in your vision. I'm not even to discuss this because I know it is useless to do so. And yes, I can quit because of mean words. Actually, many users have quit because of that and that's partially why this community is dying.

Honestly, you can't complain that the game is dying while you break rules and make people quit. That's just hypocritical and incoherent. I'm so sorry it has come to this point, but I assume this is "growing tough skin".

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Demote Adawg from Admin (Report) • 12th April 2020, 02:43 PM

adawg wrote on 12th April 2020, 02:29 PM:
Quote:
Loki wrote on 12th April 2020, 02:18 PM:
Quote:
adawg wrote on 12th April 2020, 02:10 PM:
Quote:
Sleddy wrote on 12th April 2020, 02:05 PM:
Quote:
adawg wrote on 12th April 2020, 01:53 PM:
Damn bruh i log on and crack a few jokes and everyone gets mad...
Imagine actually thinking I believe that I'm above the rules, I know I'm obviously not, if I did, I wouldn't be in the position I was. I guess sometimes people dont recognize the difference between sarcasm and actually being serious. And yes, I have many opinions, I believe that the staff currently is complete garbage and it needs to be reset. They just dont do their job adequately and I have many people who can back me up on that fact. Also, I don't have any drug addictions, because If I did have actual addictions, I wouldn't be playing a club penguin game and I would be getting help.
Thank you,
good night streaks.
drug talk is against the rules, why would you joke about that? also i realize we should probably have a staff reset but that wasn't the point of this report and nobody was trying to say the staff shouldn't be reset here. i know of quite a few moderators that are struggling to do their job and should probably face demotion but lets not change the topic.
i just looked this up in cinema and you argued with lloyd for telling you not to talk about drugs. it is the rule. then you proceeded to say, damn, this staff team really sucks. i mean if you decided to bring up that the staff team sucks because lloyd told you not to break the rules then maybe that's the point?
Mmm, I wasn't really arguing, I was making a point. Drug talk isn't allowed, sure, it's a kids' game, and I stopped but they kept dragging it on. But at the same time, I didn't bring up the fact the staff sucked because Lloyd told me to stop, I brought it up because it's how I feel. It had nothing to do with our conversation. It was just a statement I made. Nothing to do with the "drug talk" because after they told me to stop with the drug talk, I stopped. You can see that. They're the ones who carried it on. Should I have brought it up in the first place? Probably not, it was a lapse in judgement, but the fact that other people kept carrying it on after I was done talking about it, and I was the one getting bombarded for it, proved a point that the staff didn't really know how to handle situations properly.
Why did you say that Lloyd and I should be demoted then? We do our jobs and I wasn’t even there. It seems really unprofessional and like you also don’t know how to handle a situation properly since you got other people to bash Lloyd and I. It’s really a sad statement to hear that you’re part of the reason why Lloyd quit. If you had spoken to him in private and gave him constructive criticism rather than getting people to rally that he should be demoted this probably could have been avoided.
Or you could just follow the rules rather than joking that you’re above them and getting mad when people can’t tell that you’re joking over the internet.
"Reason Lloyd quit." Nobody is anybody's reason for anybody quitting. People quit on their own terms. If they cannot take the heat that comes with a position, then they shouldn't try to get it in the first place. People in this community have harrassed me and said mean things to me for YEARS, LONG before you were ever in the picture. I just made the decision to ignore them and not quit, and focus on what I thought was important. Sure, its sad that he felt like that and he's gone, but it was his own decision, not anybody elses.

I'm very sorry that this has come to this point. You can't say that there's no motivation behind my decisions and tell me I quit "on my own terms". Yes Adawg, you're part of the reason why I quit. I can't just ignore an Administrator doing that to me, I'm sorry if you're so apathetic that you can't see yourself in this situation.
When I was promoted to Moderator I was told I'd help to construct an ethical and just environment for everyone. Now I see that I have failed, I'm so sorry to everyone.
You just said I have to ignore the harassment and mean people. Well, that is what I am doing by leaving. I hope this is the last time I have to speak about this situation.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Demote Adawg from Admin (Report) • 12th April 2020, 12:56 PM

I don't hold a grudge for Adawg, nonetheless, he wasn't the most respectful to me.
I warned Adawg during that situation but as soon as I attempted to apply sanctions, many users started yelling at me and saying thinks like "do you have an issue?" "Lloyd4Demote". As I said previously on my quitting post: I cannot work under such circumstances. I'm sorry.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Goodbye -Lloyd • 12th April 2020, 11:42 AM

Reading such kind comments from all of you brings joy to my eyes. Thank you so much for this.
Damen wrote on 12th April 2020, 04:29 AM:
DONT YOU DARE. COME BACK. I NEED YOUR WISDOM. You cant just quit without telling me :(" title=">:(" class="bbcode_smiley">

I believe that I need wisdom now.
I'm still coming for GOM tonight, I want it to be a "last goodbye" for me. If you want to talk to me, I'll be there.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Goodbye -Lloyd • 12th April 2020, 01:41 AM

Hi there. I'd to keep this short so I'm going straight to the point. As you know from the title, I am leaving the DSGHQ Community and, thus, resigning from all my ranks.

I joined the DSGHQ back in 2014. I was a young boy and all I wanted was to literally play "Old Club Penguin" or just Club Penguin before Disney bought it. What began as young curiosity resulted in a very long journey and I decided to end it now. I am now 17 and I have different projects in mind. I learnt a lot from DSGHQ and it has surely influenced me and made me who I am.

I am quitting for many reasons. Obviously, as I mentioned previously, I am older and I can't spend much time playing OldCP. Besides that, I generally disagree with the directions being taken by this community and I think that it is better for me to just leave it. Basically, I saw many things that I disagree with during the past few days. I'll list them below.

The first one that comes in my mind is the "catfish" situation. I believe that it could have been dealt with differently, but the Administrators didn't think so. In my opinion, it wasn't done fairly or ethically, but what is done is done. I don't want to stick up to something I disagree with, therefore, leaving is the only option I have. Unfortunately, that is life. Things are not the way I want them to be and it's alright. I must accept reality as it is and acceptance means leaving in this case.

Also, today I went through an unpleasant situation. I won't get in detail about it but basically many people were saying I was a bad moderator and things like "Lloyd4demote". I have been called names and other things such as "biased" due to my positions and perspectives. Please, don't tell me that I am taking jokes too seriously. It is possible to express what you truly believe in through jokes and words do hurt. If I am a biased person and a bad Moderator, I think that it is better for me to leave. I'm not saying, foolishly, that "the community doesn't deserve me". Actually, I think that I do not deserve being here and that is why I am leaving. The entire Staff team has been bashed out lately and I personally don't feel good with that. Other Moderators might be able to work under such circumstances but I do not feel comfortable. Although my intentions were always pure, I have committed mistakes. I already apologized to the people who were harmed, in any way, due to my mistakes as a Moderator. If I haven't apologized to you yet, then this is the moment to do it. I'd like to say that I am sorry for whatever I did to you. I hope you can forgive me.

Another reason for this decision is the community itself. I have said this before and I will say it again: people here do not feel as they're part of a community, we all lack a sense of collectiveness. I particularly do not enjoy this form of social interaction in which the bonds and connections are so weak that any clumsy gesture is able to induce destructive effects as I see every day in this place. I am not blaming the community or any specific member for this, no one is guilty for this but, paradoxically, everyone is affected by this and reproduces it, even if unconsciously. This leads to many noxious situations or basically what is named as "toxic". I'd very much like to see a different situation from this, however, it is impossible to change it and I believe that all I can do is, as I already said, accept reality as it is and leave.

Now this is where everything gets more personal. I'd like to especially thank:

Brit: despite the recent events, you have always been very sweet and sincere. I admire your qualities.
ChocoCupcake: you're a lovely person, I hope you're doing well.
CPBiter: certainly one of the most active mods. You're a funny guy and I am proud of being a reference of your mod app.
Damen: the creator of this game, thank you for creating all this for us.
Flame: we became friends recently but we instantly agreed on many topics. I really hope that your plans for Solaris succeed, good luck.
Gamer: I'm sorry that I won't be able to see Jesah as an active user. I miss the old times when we had our bag-end on Minecraft, you've always been a sincere friend;
Iceesofie: I know you'll probably never read this but I'm sorry for being rude to you last time, our conversations were always very instructive for me;
Jacobg: a very intelligent person and a good friend, you brought me to the Wise and Wise Moth councils;
Julianhak: another very intelligent user. Our recent conversations have showed that we are very alike. I wish you good luck with your halls, Lord of Death.
Kutya: a very wise person, I would like to have met you before I was GMW. I think you're the right person to lead the council since I'm leaving.
Luke: an outstanding designer, great project manager and LeoRPG player, a good friend too;
Loki: just another bird! I became friends with you recently, the late "CST gang" nights were very fun, you are also a great moderator;
Scott: one of the wisest of this community, talking to you always makes me feel thoughtful;
Sled: the mother of DSGHQ, another excellent designer and perhaps the best Administrator we have ever had;
Tasha: as I said, the late "CST gang" nights were very fun to me, being your "husband" was weird yet very fun too.
Pablo: you're literally Picasso. Your art amazes me and I'd like to keep in touch with you to see your paintings.
Orlock/SG: the king-draconian-wise... It's incredible how our friendship is so long and it still lasts, my best wishes to you and your plans for Dorval;
Zeternal, Snevals, VanceLance, Bob and all the MineCraft crew: I spent many hours having fun with you guys, thank you;
Zpheal: you're a brazilian lad and an excellent moderator, good luck with Providence;

In regards of the Wise Moth Council, I am sorry for leaving at this moment but you all know my plans for the council. In my opinion, Kutya should be GMW once again. If this can't be done, host Moth Trials to find a new GMW. I am sorry that I won't be able to do this. I apologize to the Administrators and to the community for leaving at this moment, right now during GOM and due to the webinar also. I just don't feel that there's a reason for me to stay here. I hope you all understand.
I might visit OldCP and Forums occasionally, if you'd like to keep in touch with me just message me on Discord (Severus#2369).
I don't see this as a quitting post only. Perhaps this is an invitation to a reflection and I hope that my words inspire that reflection.

I bid you all farewell, thank you.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in State of CZ • 9th April 2020, 08:14 PM

It definitely needs improvements. There's too many OP people, users don't really enjoy it at all and their main form of participating in cz is getting killed.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Catfishing is against the rules • 9th April 2020, 07:05 PM

Finnawoke wrote on 9th April 2020, 06:45 PM:
Lying about your who you are is one thing.
Catfishing others is out right disgusting and should always be condemned.

Agreed, and that's why I'm concerned about this rule. We are all young people and many of us feel unsure about their identity. I don't think that lying about your age, for example, makes you a bad person. Some of our most prestigious and high ranked users have done it and I believe that they are all good people. Good people make mistakes, especially when they're going through adolescence. This doesn't mean, however, that catfishing is ok.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in The Restorative Approach • 9th April 2020, 04:39 PM

I've always been interest in theory of conflict and conflict-solving, your webinar will be very instructive.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in My apologies to DSGHQ • 9th April 2020, 08:40 AM

I don't believe a trial is necessary. This situation has been dealt with already, I took all appropriate measures. Thank you.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in The Mega Trial • 8th April 2020, 07:17 PM

Me and the other members of the Wise Moth Council will write up a separate scroll about this trial. We will also add information about it to the "Trial history" scroll (scroll 230).

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in I'm ashamed • 8th April 2020, 04:03 PM

I must say that I know what you feel. It seems to me that this community lack identity, we don't feel as being part of the same thing, we just divide ourselves in groups and attempt to forget what we all have in common. Maybe it's because most people grew up and now they're teens, it's natural that a teenager wants to be different than others, but it is at this age that selfishness and narcissism show their first signs. One is not born selfish, but becomes one.

Paradoxically, despite formally being a community, the DSGHQ does not have a community identity. It is evident to me that our primary group identities do not refer to DSGHQ in first place, but to many other affiliations. We don't feel as members of a single nation, a single and wide group, although there is a DSGHQ Empire. I must say that the inactivity of our current Empress may have contributed substantially to these events. We do not behave as a collectivity, the idea of belonging to a community is practically nonexistent here. Also, I have to say that the inactivity of our current Empress has contributed to these events. I have nothing against Raindrop, the the her role requires interest, activity and presence.

Consequently, it is natural that the DSGHQ users will behave individualistically, to be honest, I would be surprised if they didn't. The absence of union tears our forces apart, even the authority of the Staff team is weak now. I Moderate OldCP and I speak to many mods and we all agree on this: we often feel afraid to punish rule breakers due to this, and as you know by Dancebear's post, trash-talking the Staff team, mainly Moderators, has become a very popular subject.

How can we get out of this? I don't know. But more than ever we need empathy and union.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Lush and Brit. Scum? • 8th April 2020, 03:54 PM

Xvoid wrote on 8th April 2020, 11:35 AM:
so the problem isn't lush or brit, if what cristal said is true. the issue is braindead knights getting armed and promoted.

I believe Brit and Lush are not completely innocent, but it is obvious that island knights should be promoted with stricter criteria. Also, Damen should fix permissions. I don't know why a North Knight, for example, is able to south arrest.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Posted in Lush and Brit. Scum? • 8th April 2020, 02:29 PM

Dice wrote on 8th April 2020, 01:41 PM:
y'all aint even know why lush killed courtney and it shows

since when the motivation behind slaughter justifies it? How does that make it acceptable and legitimate?
Yes, I know the charges against Courtney, but they do not justify what Lush did.