28th February 2021

Fiction February Winner!

Made by Loki in Forum Games

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
28th February 2021, 01:12 AM

Wow, sixteen days has already gone by and you know what that means. Its time to announce the winner of Fiction February and thus the winner of the Fiction February Badge!

First, I will start off by briefly discussing each story.

Pablo was the first to get his submission in. It was a beautiful story about a school boy and a sunglasses wearing girl. The story felt very wholesome over all and I found it to be quite heartwarming. It was titled Sunglasses.

Wilf was the second person to get his submission in. It was quite an intriguing story about an interrogator and a man who remains unresponsive until a very key word is uttered. The story left me curious about what the man had just experienced and also a bit freaked out. Wilf's submission is untitled and can be read here.

Narcissa was the third to submit a story. Her story was rather charming and about a sailor folk legend. It reminded me very much of the Sirens from Greek Mythology. This story ends with a hint of mystery. Who and/or what is Cecile? Narcissa's story is titled Pierre de Chaux. I really love this title by the way.

Lastly, Fable also submitted a story. It was about a man in a coma and his awakening from it. It was interesting how it lead up to the point of revealing that it was about a man in a coma. At first with the description of the scenery, it made me think of the Carboniferous Period, when the plants and insects were huge. His submission is titled Eternal Equinox.

Each submission was very good. Wilf's and Narcissa's both left me wanting to know more and Fable's felt a little rushed to me in the early description of the 'eternal equinox' the man had experienced while he was in the coma. Pablo's submission wrapped things up very neatly, which made it feel like it was the most stand alone(ish) of the submissions.

Congratulations Pablo, you have won the Fiction February badge!

Good job Wilf, Narcissa, and Fable! Each of you did truly great work and I hope you all enjoyed competing in Fiction February! I really wish I had more rewards to give out for this, but I don't, so be sure to come back and participate in my next competition, whatever that may be!

+1 by Pablo, Narcissa, Sled, SecurityGuy and 2 others

im not religious
538 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
28th February 2021, 09:32 AM

Yay Pablo!!! I really enjoyed reading your story.

+1 by Loki, Pablo and Jake01

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
28th February 2021, 09:50 AM

Pablo is talented at everything I STG

+1 by Loki, Narcissa, Pablo and Jake01

DJ
Master
2,814 posts
Seen 24th May 2023
28th February 2021, 02:32 PM